Friday, October 23, 2009

All Things Possible


Today, I'd like to share with you a ministry I've gotten involved with and one that is dear to my heart.

It's called All Things Possible and they minister to kids locked away in Juvenile prisons across the country. I met the president, Victor Marx, at our church where he came to give his testimony and also a demonstration of his Karate skills. He is a master of martial arts and a former US Marine and he uses his skills as a way to impress the kids in prison and get their attention so he can share the gospel with them. Victor came out of a very troubled youth himself which enables him to understand the problems and suffering of these kids.

Because, I too, had a troubled childhood, although nothing like Victor or these kids in prison, my heart really breaks for them. Victor has a book out and a great blog and website where you can find out more information about him and read some stories that will break your heart about these lost kids, and other hope-filled stories of how the Lord pulled them out of the pit!

The reason I'm bringing this up is that All Things Possible is looking for prayer partners. People who will sign up for their emails and promise to pray for the ministry and for the kids they encounter. What an incredible opportunity to move heaven and earth with your prayers and save some of these kids. If you have a heart for the "Lost Generation", Kids who've grown up with nothing but hate and violence and drugs and who need the Hope and Love that only Jesus can give them, then I encourage you to go to this blog site, scroll to the bottom and sign up to receive Victor's prayer requests. You may not think your prayers matter, but they do! Prayer is the most powerful tool God gave us to move the mountains of this world.


Click here for the website: http://atpministries.org/

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a very good ministry. Helping kids in prison, Victor seems like a man who is going to and probably already has made a difference for these people. Now God is working through you MaryLu. I will pray for these people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this and bringing the need to our attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this posting today as I have been out of the loop for a few weeks due to many visitors here on our Chile mission field. Anyway, I was really interested in this prison ministry. A couple of years ago my husband and I (through a string of rather remarkable coincidences") became involved in a jail/prison ministry to police officers. Many of these guys are quite young, some barely out of high school and training. We also have good contacts with many of their wives, girlfriends, and families. I can identify with the concerns of your heart... will definitely check this website out. Thanks for allowing the Lord to use you in this way in spite of a busy life. I am sure they appreciate your prayers.

    ReplyDelete