Thursday, September 23, 2010

Call for reviews!

Hi everyone!
I normally don't do this, but my publisher has been working with me on enhancing my marketing skills (And boy, do they need enhancing) Hey, after all, I'm just a writer, not a publicist. Anyway, would you do me a favor?

If you've read any of my books (and liked them) particularly the last one, Surrender the Heart, would you mind writing a quick review and posting it on Amazon, Christianbook.com, Barnes and Nobles, Goodreads and any other book networks you'd like????   The review doesn't have to be more than a few lines. Nothing literary is required. Just write what the book meant to you. If you found it adventurous, romantic, if you learned something from it or it was just plain fun to read!  That's all a review has to be.  You can copy and paste it to each site so it shouldn't take you more than a few minutes.

I'm told that the more reviews there are for a book, the more likely someone else is to buy it.
If you post a review, send me a copy of it and a list of the sites you posted it on, and I'll enter your name in a drawing to receive and advance copy of my next book. Please give your honest opinion. Your name will still go in the drawing even if you give an unfavorable review.

I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

12 comments:

  1. Of course of course!! I have only wonderful things to say about your books! I will do that tonight...I want more people to buy your books. =]

    God Bless you MaryLu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thanks so much, Tori! You're so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll post one on christianbook.com later tonight, and I'll post it on amazon and Barnes and Noble if I can manage to track down my account passwords for those two. :-)

    I've always thought that the marketing aspect of writing must be kinda annoying, so I'm more than happy to post a review to make that part a little easier for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie Mitchell debsbunch5@jesusanswers.comSeptember 23, 2010 at 6:23 PM

    I sent you a list of my reviews in your Facebook mailbox. Nothing but good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted one to amazon and cbd! Those are the only two I have usernames for.

    It wasn't hard coming up with something to write. I love all your books :)

    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wrote a review on Amazon, how do you want us to send it to you?
    I have never attempted to write a review for your books, because I could never do it justice but I tried...

    I do love your books!
    Rachel A. C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay...I'll make sure to do that...because Surrender the Heart is a great book!!!! I'll let you know when I post the review!!! Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings,
    I would love to read and post reviews about your book, but I don't have a copy. If you would like for me to review for you just send me an email.
    Blessings,
    Trinity Rose
    wandaelaine at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad to help you out. After all, you keep providing us with such great stories! I just left reviews on amazon.com, christianbook.com, barnesandnoble.com, goodreads.com, and familychristian.com. I tried reviewing your book on Border's web site, but the option wasn't available. I hope this helps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, thanks so much everyone! I really really appreciate it! I've entered all your names in my drawing!! IN the future, just let me know that you posted a review and where and I can go verify it myself.
    I'm back from Minnesota, but I've caught a cold. Uggg.. so I'm going to try and rest most of today.
    Hugs to all! MaryLu

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I enter with my review of "The Raven Saint"? I haven't gotten a chance to read Surrender the Heart yet: http://rebeccasbookblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/book-review-raven-saint-by-ml-tyndall.html

    I also posted it on Goodreads and Amazon I believe, it's been a while so don't remember if I posted it anywhere else....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes of course, Rebecca. I added your name to the drawing. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete