Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Can a Christian fall away?

 
 Many Bible teachers and preachers teach that a Born again Christian cannot backslide or lose their faith despite how the Bible clearly tells us this. I found this list online and just couldn't help myself but post it. I have unsubbed from countless you tube, Instagram, FB, and other pages and channels (even though some give good reports) because the person preaches that you can not walk away from God once you are saved. I truly believe this is a very dangerous doctrine that will lead many to hell, among a host of others. Be careful with your faith. Your salvation is a precious gift that we must then work out with fear and trembling. (Philippians 2:12)  God does not remove your free will once you get saved!

1) Depart/fall away the faith (1 Tim. 4:1)
2) Wander away from the faith (1 Tim. 6:10)
3) Swerve from the faith (1 Tim. 6:21)
4) Abandon our faith (1 Tim. 5:12)
5) Make shipwreck of our faith (1 Tim. 1:19)
6) Fall from grace (Gal. 5:4)
7) Desert him who called you and turn to a different gospel (Gal. 1:6)
8 ) Receive the grace of God in vain (2 Cor. 6:1)
9) Swerve from the truth, upsetting the faith of some (2 Tim. 2:18)
10) Drift away from the truth (Heb. 2:1)
11) Have an evil, unbelieving heart, leading us to fall away from the living God (Heb. 3:12)
12) Some are hardened by the deceitfulness of sin (Heb. 3:12-14)
13) Fail to reach the promise of entering into His rest (Heb. 4:1)
14) Fall by disobedience to enter His rest (Heb. 4:11)
15) Fall away and impossible to restore unto repentance (Heb. 6:4-6)
16) Deliberately go on sinning and no longer have a sacrifice for sins (Heb. 10:26-27)
17) Shrink back (Heb. 10:38)
18) Fail to obtain the grace of God (Heb. 12:15)
19) Wander from the truth (James 5:19-20)
20) Forsake the right way (2 Peter 2:15)
21) Become entangled and overcome AFTER having escaped them (2 Peter 2:20-21)
22) Be carried away with the error of lawless people and lose our stability (2 peter 3:17)
23) Commit a sin leading to death (1 John 5:16)
24) Stop abiding in the teaching of Christ (2 John 1:9) 
25) Some stray from the truth and die. James 5:19-20
26) Some do not hold fast to the end of their faith. Heb.3:6
27) Some do not love the truth so as to be saved. 2Thes.2:10
28) Some know God but do not obey the gospel. 2Thes.1:8-9
29) Some receive the grace of God in vain. 2Cor.6:
30) Some say they know Him, but do not obey Him. 1Jn.2:4
31) Some distort the word of God to their own destruction. 2Pt.3:16
32) Some are blind having forgotten their purification from their former (past) sins. 2Pt.1:9
33) Some go on sinning willfully after being delivered. Heb.10:26
34) Some drift away from what they heard. Heb.2:1
35) Some are not able to find a place of repentance. Heb.12:17
36) Some cannot be renewed to repentance again. Heb.6:4-6
37) Some are enslaved after escaping the bondage of sin. 2Pt.2:21-22
38) Some do not abide in the teachings of Christ. 2Jn.9
39) Some will shrink away in shame at His coming. 1Jn.2:28
40) Some have gone astray from the truth. 1Tim.6:21
41) Some have been severed from Christ. Gal.5:4
42) Some are unwilling to come to Him to have life. Jn.5:40, Mat.23:37
43) Some have had their name blotted out of the book. Ex.32:32-33, Rev.3:4-5
44) Some are godless sinners who do not obey the gospel. 1Pt.4:17-18
45) Some do not continue in His kindness and are cut off. Rom.11:20-22
46) Some will not endure to the end and be saved. Mat.10:22 31) Some do not bear good fruit and cut down and thrown into the fire. 
47) Some do not bear fruit and are thrown into the fire Matthew 7:19
48) Some have believed in vain. 1Cor.15:1-2
49) Some are being led by the flesh and not the Spirit. Rom.8:12-14
50) Some do not abide in Jesus and are burned. Jn.15:6
51) Some will not get dressed for the wedding. Mat.22:12-14, Rev.19:7-8
52) Some profess to know Him, but they deny Him by their deeds. Titus 1:15-16 36
 
Time is short! Warn others. Stay close to Jesus!  
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Hello Sister in Christ,

    I was not knowledgeable about this long time ago, but I wholeheartedly agree that OSAS is indeed a dangerous doctrine. This is like an insult to God for people to seemingly receive Him under sincere terms but then eventually fall away to a point of no return. Could it mean either the salvation was never sincere, or perhaps the Devil bought them out somehow through his wicked deception? That sounds like the ultimate test God would bring about to ensure only the truly loyal and faithful will go home in the Rapture while everyone else goes through the “hour of testing” that is the Tribulation to redeem themselves.

    Whenever I am a large bustling area such as the mall or the airport, I wonder how many people are “in Christ,” which is what the Lord requires for entry to Heaven per John 3:3. Even though the Lord wants us to continue living as usual until He comes, being in Christ is critical particularly to avoid the Tribulation that is coming via the Rapture. A few things that make me recognize if someone is in Christ are a decreased desire to sin, loving and understanding towards others instead of being silently hateful and judgmental, and of course loving Jesus more than anyone or anything in this world. Is it very likely that most are not in this category unless some divine cause finally transforms them?

    I read that some other Iran-backed militant groups such as the Houthis are now influencing the impact of the war, with tankers and ships being attacked on the Strait of Hormuz. Along with the Russia-Ukraine War, it does seem like the only way for there to be any hope of “improvement” is God’s divine intervention? Or the alternative is whatever chain reaction leading to the Daniel Covenant bringing about the false peace?
    Like some other true Believers, I wonder why the hostile nations have not launched strikes at Israel despite the war worsening. I bet the lull is due to some other things that may need to happen behind the scenes and then it comes about abruptly and suddenly. God knows the timing and I am sure when it happens, it may be another sign we are close to leaving. Do you believe this?

    Have a good day Sister and Peace and Blessings from a Brother in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brother, yes, I do believe there are many false converts... people who think they are saved but never were. However, I do believe it is possible for a true believer to walk away. I think it is highly rare, but possible from what I read in the Bible.
      Your description of what a real Christian looks like is spot on! They should over time not only lose the desire to sin but be repulsed by it. They should love others better and more and they should talk about Jesus often. Yet, someone has to allow the Holy Spirit to do the work within them and so many believers remain in the baby phase. It's sad.
      This war sure seems to be happening soon. It would be interesting if it started on the 25th, which is the 9th of Av on the Essene calendar. But we shall see.
      As you said, God's timing is perfect!
      Blessings, Brother!

      Delete
  2. Greetings Sister,
    I agree that many who preach OSAS can be very arrogant about thier salvation. My Pastor believes you cant lose your salvation. But differently from the way the hard liners do. Joe teaches the absolute need for repentance when we sin and a continual close walk, searching the scripture, a robust prayer life, and walking in the spiritual gifts of Love, peace joy, patience, kindness, perseverance service to others etc.
    I think those who teach that you "are saved" period, and that you dot need to continually repent every time you sin, deceive people. Many of these think it is an intrution of the finished work of the cross if you dont believe OSAS. Some got as far to say, anything that you do to add to your salvation emties the cross.
    But what about "work out your salvation with fear and trembling ?

    I hang my hat on Romans 11:17-24
    I'll just copy here 22-23
    22 Consider therefore the streness and kindness of God, sterness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you "continue" in His kindness. Otherwise you to will be cut off. 23 And if they do not persistin unbelief, they will be grafted back in, for God is able to graft them in again.

    I did add a little more detail but the page thought it to long :) I do have a lot to say about this subject.
    I wont leave Pastor Joe because, in spite of his stance, he enncourages us to maintain our relationship with Christ.

    Christ's peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in no way do I want anyone to leave a good pastor who teaches repentance and holy living! And you're absolutely right... there are some pastors, as yours is, who can believe in OSAS, but do not teach that you can live any way you want.
      I'm mainly talking about pastors, teachers, preachers and watchmen who say that you can't lose your salvation and anything you do, even obedience to Jesus and repentance is a work. There are many of them out there. They encourage people to live in sin and not actually do anything that will please the Lord... it's insane! But I've heard it now from multiple people.
      Believing you cannot lose your salvation can be a slippery slope. Nothing and no one can take us from our Father's hand, but we can jump of our own free will. Christians need to take this seriously and take their salvation very seriously... but so many treat God''s grace with a cavalier attitude. It breaks my heart. After all our Lord has done for us.

      Delete
  3. Amen. And at least for me, I wondered away several times. But God was always waiting for my repentance and return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so patient and full of love and mercy, isn't He? He waited many years for me to come to my senses and quit wallowing in the pig sty! I'm so grateful He did!

      Delete
  4. Greetings Holy Messenger of God,

    I concur that the OSAS doctrine can lead to personal destruction, especially those with the arrogant mindset that they are saved just because they believe in Jesus. We know there is so much more than just simply believing in the Lord, but the main question is whether the Lord knew them? This is why I feel that Christians-In-Name-Only may be more dangerous and wicked than atheists with the fraudulent persona masked under a facade.
    That is why Matthew 7:23 should be dreaded by anyone who takes Scripture seriously, don’t you agree?

    Trump reportedly stated that civilian infrastructures in Iran would be targeted by strikes if Iran continues to attack ships and tankers in the Strait of Hormuz. Based on all that has happened in the last five months, the likelihood of this bringing about apocalyptical mass destruction seemed more and more inevitable? However, I feel this is not as significant compared to when Israel is suddenly attacked again, which will be extremely critical and major considering that Israel is God’s prophetic time clock.

    I don’t know if you heard, but I read just earlier about a NASA “event” called Project Anchor in which the world will supposedly lose gravity for seven seconds on 8/12/26, resulting in potential accidents and casualties. Even though NASA stated no such event will happen, that made me instantly wonder: aside from an alien abduction, could this be another narrative to explain the Rapture since zero gravity would cause people to float in the air? If so, then it could signal the Rapture is very near and the wicked elite may want to provide alternate narratives to convince those left behind, which is totally possible considering how many will actually believe in and fall for this deception. This date also happens to be another solar eclipse of the moon and also exactly a month before the Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hashanah).

    Since there have been four batches of alien files released (third was on June 12, which was the same day as the Disclosure Day movie, and latest was July 10) and now with this supposed gravity loss hype, my guess is that this year is becoming more likely that we will go home, and therefore we need to remain true to the Lord more than ever in however much time is left.

    Blessings and Come Quickly Lord Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Christians in name only will be judged much harsher than atheist on Judgement day. It will not go well for them.. because they knew the truth, attended church... maybe even prayed, but they never allowed the Holy Spirit to enter them and sanctify them.
      Yes, it seems things are heating up in the middle East. If this is the year, then I expect to see the Psalm 83 War happen or the Gog-Magog war. Time will tell. But the more things start happening in Israel, the more we know God is switching his attention to His chosen people and that means we are almost out of here.
      I had not heard about that 7 seconds of no gravity. How weird!! But yes, I would be one way to explain the rapture I suppose. It made me laugh, actually. But yes.. all these signs are increasing and giving us hope that this could actually be the year!
      Blessings!!

      Delete