Dear Saints, This following was a post from November 2023. I thought it was an extremely important topic to address again
I recently heard a pastor say this. "Do you want to know how to really know God?"
Answer: "Die"
He didn't mean physical death. He meant Die to self. You see I believe this is one of the biggest problems of most Christians in these last days. Not only do they have very little faith, but they believe in an OSAS Easy Greasy Grace and a Best Life Now lifestyle that belittles the salvation and power of the Living God and turns Him into a Santa Claus in the sky.
The problem is they don't know God and because of that, they have not allowed Him to change them from the inside out. Sure, some may be born again, but what they fail to realize is that being born again is only the beginning of salvation. Honestly, pastors do a huge disservice in not fully explaining the cost of following Jesus up front before they give their altar calls. (Or maybe most of them don't even believe that at all) The Scripture says that we need to really count the cost before we make a decision for Jesus. Why? Because it's an all in or nothing relationship. You must day by day die to self and walk the walk of obedience and faith, or what's the point? If you are riding the fence with one foot in the world and one foot in the Kingdom, just remember that the fence belongs to Satan.
And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it— Luke 14:27-28
Does the world love you? Do your lost family and friends love to hang out with you? Do your lukewarm Christian friends enjoy your company? If so, you may not be fully devoted to Jesus. Why? Because He said that the world would hate us because it hated Him.
If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. john 15:18
He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. John 12:25
What consumes your mind during the day? Job, kids, money, beauty, relationships, problems? Yes, we must think of these things in order to go on but what consumes your mind when you're not busy? If it isn't Jesus and His Kingdom, then you may have an idol.
For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. Romans 8:5-8
Do you want to know God and be like Him? Then you must make sacrifices. You must spend time with Him. Do you know that every minute you spend in the real presence of God, He is doing a mighty work on you? He uses that time to sanctify you, to change your heart, to mold you into the image of His Son. So, if you spend 10-15 minutes a day reading a devotion and maybe lift up a prayer in the car on the way to work, you will NEVER really get to know the Lord and never truly have your heart changed. That's why we see so many Christians struggling with sins they've been struggling with for decades. Believe me, sacrificing time is a big deal for me. I have so many things on my plate. But time with the Lord... good quality time, is the most important part of my day and it should be yours too.
Why am I being so tough on you? Because we are about to enter a season of great judgement on the church and a season of a great outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the remnant of God's Children who truly love Him. I'm talking about miracles, signs, wonders and the glory of God resting on us so powerful that people around us notice it! The Bride is going out in a blaze of glory, such a bright blaze that it will spur the lukewarm and lost to jealousy for what God has given us. Let's face it, the Western Church is dead and dying. People are looking for something real, something powerful and for true love.
Yet so many of us seek only our own comforts and our own desires. I'm guilty of it as well. Get to know the Lord. Sit with Him and ask Him to talk to you, ask Him to tell you what is on His heart. We so often just dump all our prayer requests on His lap and then leave. How heartbreaking! Ask Him to share His heart with you, to talk to you. Ask Him to help you recognize His voice and sense His presence. This pleases Him! He will answer you!
Also put on the Full Armor of God. You can only do this while in His presence and while walking in the Light. If you want to be a part of His last minute harvest, I encourage you to be more serious about your walk with the Lord now than you've ever been. This is not a time to sleep. Not a time to shrink back.
Start believing in who you really are in Christ and all the promises He has given us by faith. Health, Provision, Knowledge, Wisdom, Discernment, Joy, Peace, Protection, Power.. and start walking in it! It's time to get serious. We don't have much time left, Saints...

Greetings Precious Sister in Christ,
ReplyDeleteI totally agree that pastors dont push the life changing picture of our bloodied face and body of our Lord and Master! My Sister is a Spirit filled Lady. They believe in OSAS at their church, Yet they do know the price Jesus paid. I've heard their Pastor preach it and heard his teaching pre baptism. We had a discussion on whether its right to have a crucifix in your house. I have one in my house. Its solid brass and was made by my Uncle Louie in a foundry around 1940. Its a beautiful piece of work, I heard he made many of them. Their contention is if you look at it, its idolatry. I disagree. I often will glance at it when I pray as a reminder if I loose focus.
But I always say, if we are going to preach John 3:16, we should continue to v 20. I think people truly need to have the revelation of what Christ suffered before they can really know what the Gospel actually tells us about Christs love. That revelation broke me to my knee's !
I've never watched the Passion movie, seen a couple of clips. But it grieved me, and I already saw my Savior crucified when He came to me and I believed.
I dont mind you being tough Sister. If more men in the pulpit were tough, more people would be truly saved. My old Pastor friend had a big bellowing voice, it was penetrating. He would holler about the suffering Jesus endured with tears streaming down his face. I asked him about women preachers one time and he said; if men would get a back bone and preach the truth, they wouldnt have to.
Be tough, speak truth, and be ready with compassion.
Great post Sister !
Christ's peace to you
Hi Brother The crucifix an idol? Wow. I hadn't heard that one before. Nothing is an idol unless we worship it and put it ahead of our Lord. And OSAS? You know I have a huge problem with that. If her church is still preaching that you have to live in obedience and submission to Jesus, then that's good, but OSAS generally leads people to embrace sin. Human nature.
DeleteI've only watched The Passion once and it moved me. They say that the horrific image of Jesus from that movie could not even due justice to what He really went through. I cried in that movie... unable to fully embrace that kind of love.
I love your pastor's answer to women preaching! It's so sad to see so many effeminate male preachers these days.
Blessings to you and yours, my brother!
Hello Sister in Christ,
ReplyDeleteThanks for this post from nearly three years ago. I feel it is critical that a Believer must take their relationship very seriously and sincerely per Galatians 6:7, which says “Be not deceived, God will not be mocked. Whatever a man sows, he will also reap.”
I used to be bothered by the resentment and hatred from long time ago, but now I have made peace with all that thanks to the Lord transforming me recently. They may still occasionally irritate me, but never again at the degree from back then. Also, I can say I am thankful I am not appreciated or acknowledged that much, with the exception of at work on special occasions, for as Jesus said in John 15:18 and John 12:25 per your post, and also Luke 9:23 about “denying oneself, carrying the cross, and following Me daily.” Could these be signs of my being Born Again? In addition to being very attentive about sinning and confessing/repenting whenever they happen?
Per the Essenes Calendar, the 30th is the first day of Sukkot, hence another important watch time. We still have three months left of the year, but as the Lord commanded, we should remain occupied with everyday life while keeping the faith strong until He finally comes for us. Do you feel if we are still here after October, that we may have to see for next year?
I am not sure if you heard yet, but I read an article last week saying that the Abraham Accords has gained recognition again with more countries considering joining it. Also, since it will soon be one year when Trump’s 20-Point Peace Plan was established, I couldn’t help but ponder how close we are to leaving based on this advancement. I guess we will see as this year gets close to ending.
Another article I read was about how God may be using Islam as an instrument of judgment on America in view of how the nation has fallen away from Him. Based on all the wickedness we have seen, this is relatable to how God used other nations to judge other ones, such as Assyria, Babylon, and Judah to name a few per the books of 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, Isaiah, Daniel, and Habakkuk. Do you believe this may be fulfillments of prophecy?
Have a great rest of the day Sister and Happy October in advance. Stay strong in the Lord and keep the faith firm. Peace and Blessings from a Brother in Christ.
Greetings Brother. Yes! all those things you mentioned.. .humility, repentance, forgiveness and denying self are ALL signs that you are growing in Christ and on your way to becoming more like Him. Just keep growing and learning and spending time with Jesus!
DeleteI am still hopeful for this year but like you said, I'm leaving that in God's hands and just being about His business. I'm not willing to think about next year until this one is up. So much is happening both in plain site and behind the scenes.... so we wait for that appointed day.
God can and will use any other nation to punish the USA. I'm told there are multiple Islamic sleeper cells, along with Chinese ones, already here. So, we shall see.
And no, haven't heard about the Abraham Accords. All we can do is keep an eye on these signs and stay close to Jesus. Blessings!
Greetings Holy Messenger of God,
ReplyDeleteAmen to this, I concur completely that one should form a sincere relationship with the Lord or else it may feel like a waste considering how there are those who “seek” Him for wholly selfish reasons. That is perhaps a major offense in the eyes of the Lord due to the insincerity, isn’t it?
Yes I also agree that if we are resented by many and lack company, then it is a good sign we do not belong in this world but rather to the Lord. Besides, based on how the world is now and will soon become, only the clueless, sleeping, and unrepentant would still have complete faith in this world?
I read in Matthew 22:30 on how Jesus said “there will be no marriage or giving of marriage in Heaven, for we will all be like the angels.” Does this mean that due to the “abolishment” of marriage in Heaven, we can socialize and interact with anyone of the opposite gender without being viewed, labeled, or accused of being flirtatious or even adulterous as it is in this world? This would be a very warm reassurance to take in stride the lack of appreciation here, wouldn’t it?
For true believers whose spouses do not believe and get a bit irritated when godly things are mentioned, we should not feel depressed over the rejection? There may not be any salvation hope left prior to the Rapture, assuming it is very soon, but there is still a final hope during the Tribulation. Even if it feels all but impossible and hopeless then, the Lord will still save them through divine means if we continue to pray and have faith that He will do so? It may be one of the hardest tests of faith regardless salvation of loved ones, especially those who are stubbornly refusing to accept Him now?
Keep looking up Sister as September closes and October is about to start. I somehow feel that just like with the ten Virgins, we are in the “tarrying” period so the Lord can see who still has oil lamps burning by the time He comes. Blessings and Come Quickly Lord Jesus!
Greetings! Absolutely, seeking the Lord for selfish reasons would be an abomination to the Lord. He would probably prefer that person not seek Him at all.
ReplyDeleteI would say that not only the unrepentant, clueless and sleeping, but many Christians still have faith in this world. Sad.
I believe that our new glorified bodies will not have any sexual urges at all. The need to procreate will be gone so there will be no flirting or sensual thoughts at all.
I have many loved ones who have refused salvation and yes, I continue to pray and fast for them. I believe the Lord will reach them during the Tribulation, which makes me sad, but also glad that they will eventually be saved. So don't give up hope. Keep praying!
yes, the Lord said that those waiting for Him would grow weary and maybe even fall asleep... but not without the Holy Spirit filling them, which makes them ready!
Blessings!