Monday, July 27, 2026

Seek His Presence Not His Presents!

Dear Saints,

A quick post here about something I'm learning in my walk with Jesus that I think may help others as well. When I first got saved and for many years, I would spend hours in prayer. I'd pray for my lost loved ones, for my job, for the health of others.. for my marriage, etc. For many things. And yes, we are supposed to take our requests before the Lord. The Bible encourages us to cast our cares on Him and to spend time in prayer. The Bible says that the prayer of the righteous is powerful!!  

But what exactly is prayer? I know I've mentioned this before, but is prayer just us coming before God with a list of requests? Or is it a time of two-way communication? Believe me, it's not easy (especially for an ADHD person as myself) to sit still and listen for the voice of God. But the Lord wants to talk to us as much as we need to talk to Him. 

The thing I'm learning is that we don't need to come to the Lord daily with our lists of requests and needs. GOD already knows everything about us, every struggle, every trial, every heartache, every need, every health or money or marriage or kid issue. He already knows the deepest desires of our heart.

So, how about if we just come into His presence and just hang out with Him? How about we read the Bible while talking to Him about what we are reading? How about we just put on worship music and instead of listing our requests, just worship Him for 15 minutes, a half hour....whatever time we have. How about we seek His face as our greatest need, His tangible presence as our greatest desire? 

You know what I'm learning happens? The more time we spend just worshiping and listening to His voice, the closer we get to Him. And the closer we get to Him, the more His glory shines on us. And the more His glory shines on us, all our prayers get answered, our needs get fulfilled, our body gets healed, and we end up with more joy and hope than we ever had. 

In His Presence is the Fullness of Joy!  You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11 

God knows your needs. He promises to answer all your prayers for your good and His glory!  So just hang out with Him and get to Know Him and let His power and love flow over you. 

I'm not saying never to bring your requests before the Lord in prayer. It's good that we do. For me, it gives me great peace. All I'm saying is spend more of your time just hanging with Jesus. You'll soon find that in His presence, all your prayers will be answered.

 My presence and My manifestation are far more important than the answers you pray for. 

 I'll leave you with this verse from  2nd Esdras 4: 34  that leapt out at me concerning the soon coming rapture

Don't hurry faster than the Most High, for your haste is for your own self, but He who is above hurries on behalf of many

God has an appointed time when He will come for His Bride. You cannot hurry Him by impatience or complaining. His main concern is saving souls!! And it should be ours too! Always remember that!

 

 

 


6 comments:

  1. Hey. What is Esdras? Where did you read that??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Esdras is a book in the Apocrypha. It was written by the Ezra from the Bible. It is accepted as part of the canon in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, but categorized as an apocryphal text or appendix in Western Bibles. I recently purchased a complete Ethiopian Bible and have enjoyed reading through it.

      Delete
  2. Hello Sister in Christ,

    That is a brilliant title - was this pun intended? I like how this is true and humorous at the same time.

    I have established a daily prayer routine in which I pray to the Lord for like ten minutes thanking Him for everything though the day and life while also confessing any sins and also reiterating important requests. Aside from this, I found myself acknowledging the Lord in various ways daily as well, whether it is through nature, weather, or even through people, I know He is omnipresent and I repeat my promise everyday that I will never fall away from Him or the faith no matter how much I get tempted to do so, and conclude with saying I love Him always and above everyone.

    I recently brought up the Noahide conference this coming November, but I read some interpretations that due to its Hebrew name Barit Shalom, which means Covenant of Peace, could this really be the covenant we are waiting for? Furthermore, it stated that all the Rabbis involved with it may be the “Many” spoken of in Daniel 9:27 instead of the nations as how I understand it. I got excited, but I don’t think it may be it since it is said to be “everlasting” instead of seven years, and there was no mentioning of allowing the Third Temple’s construction. The video explaining it is like half hour long: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yjsK7nqiGNg&pp=iggUQAFKEDZ2ZFlQVGZyMm01N052SmY%3D&ra=m
    I would like to hear your opinion on this though I feel it may not be the actual covenant but it is worth watching to know this may be prophetically required for the Tribulation but not the Rapture.

    I don’t know if you heard yet, but I heard that the Knesset formally dissolved in Israel ten days ago on the 17th. There is to be an election that will determine Netanyahu’s political future in October. Micah 4:9 was cited about “there be no king in Israel.” Do you believe this could be a foretelling of the AC’s absolute rule in Jerusalem in this kind of situation?

    For Esdras, I found that it is a “deuterocanonical” version of the Bible, with other books such as Prayer of Azarias, Maccabees (2 books), and Manasseh (4 books). Is this another version of the Bible since I have not heard of these stories before?

    Have a good day Sister and Peace and Blessings from a Brother in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings, Brother. I may not have time to watch the Noahide video you sent. It's a busy time for me here... but just in my spirit, I do not think this is the covenant for the reasons you listed. They intend to instill the Noahide laws for the foreseeable future and not just for seven years... But I do think this meeting is highly prophetic. And yes.. the fact there will be no King in Israel as stated in Micah is also prophetic. These are exciting times!
      The Apocrypha is not another version of the Bible, but rather extra books, some of which used to be included in the Bible but were removed later on. We should not treat them as pure Scripture, but in my readings, I've not found anything that contradicts the Bible. I find Enoch especially interesting and prophetic
      Blessings!

      Delete
  3. Greetings Holy Messenger of God,

    Amen, we should be enjoying the Lord’s company more than His ability to give and answer prayers. This makes us sound like we are exploiting Him for our own gains, which is not what we should do as we continue to wait for Him to take us home.

    Trump reiterated his insistence again of Saudi Arabia joining the Abraham Accords as part of normalization efforts with Israel, even though the nation insisted it will not do so without a Two-State Palestinian statehood, which coincidentally was discussed amongst world leaders at that conference exactly a year ago at this time. Some people wonder if this could be another startling reminder that MBS may be an AC candidate, but we will have to see. What are your thoughts Sister?

    Here is a link to a recent occurrence in New York: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2026/07/did-zohran-mamdani-call-for-an-insurrection/
    I don’t think this will happen, but it is worth noting in comparison with what Trump notoriously did five and a half years ago. Does this make you fear for those living in New York? I for one am concerned since I saw (a number of times already) an eerie foretelling of NYC being potentially attacked as part of a sleeper cell trigger, and I wonder if this may be a harbinger of what may come.

    The US and Iran paused strikes again after like 10+ days of strikes. As we have seen over the last five months, this is merely another stalling session for another “secret” prophetic fulfillment, isn’t it? I have seen multiple sources saying that this may trigger an unprecedented economic fallout, which is needed to start the chain reaction leading to the Tribulation.

    As you noted before, the important question is not when the Rapture will happen, but whether we will be going. Now that summer is about halfway over, I am sure many are now looking at September and October for the Rapture considering how they are significant holy feast months.
    If we do happen to still be here in 2027, then I might start to wonder if it may have to do with what Jesus said about “the days being cut short.” I may start to wonder if the Tribulation may not necessarily be a whole seven years, even though Scripture clearly states that Daniel’s 70th week of seven years. I have this feeling we still leave this year based on how the world is right now and all the signs, but this is just something I was pondering about.

    Blessings and Come Quickly Lord Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings! No I would not want to live in New York for a number of reasons.. but this new mayor is a jihadist and he's going to make that city miserable. Besides the many prophecies that New York will be destroyed during the Tribulation. Also I have no idea who the AC is... there are so many candidates.! I tend to lean toward Jared Kushner, but the AC may not even be in the public eye yet.
      Yes the Strait of Hormuz being closed again is just part of the plan. This will cause a massive Economic collapse and famine, which is what they want.
      However I do believe the bombing will start up again and may likely be the Psalm 83 war. We wait and see.
      It's very possible the Tribulation is not a complete 7 years. Daniel's 70th week is definitely 7 years, and no doubt the Tribulation is a part of that... but I don't believe it has to be a complete 7 years. Especially since Jesus Himself said it would be cut short.
      Like you, I think this is the year... but I'm not saying that for sure. Only the Lord knows. If we do leave, I believe it has to be within the next 2 months. Which is very exciting!
      Blessings

      Delete