Monday, August 27, 2012

Eternity and Provision in Every Step!

The steps of a man are directed and established by the Lord when He delights in his way [and He busies Himself with his every step]. Though he falls, he shall not be utterly cast down, for the Lord grasps his hand in support and upholds him.  Psalm 37: 23-24 Amplified.

dontsettle.org
I'm currently reading through the Psalms and came across this verse the other day. I love the Amplified version because it expounds on the Hebrew and Greek so you can get the full meaning of the words.  What struck me was "He busies Himself with his every step"   That is, God busies Himself with my every step.. with your every step. Isn't that absolutely shocking? I had to read it over and over before it began to sink in that God, the Almighty Creator of the Universe is busy making sure that every step I take is in the right direction. Not only that, but He's laying those steps for me, making sure they are good and solid. He's that involved in my life!  

I picture Him bending down and carefully placing every stone in the path He wants me to take through life. A path that leads through a beautiful garden.  He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul  Psalm 23

For we are God's own handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, born anew that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us (taking paths which He prepared ahead of time, that we should walk in them (living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live)"  Ephesians 2:10 Amplified

www.theilluminators.com
He has arranged a good life for us. Maybe not an easy one. Not a struggle free one. But a good one! A victorious one, an adventurous one. Yet how often do I wander off the path, enticed by something I see that seems more exciting, or led astray by a lie of the enemy,  or perhaps my own selfishness or my impatience to see God's promises fulfilled?  How often do I find myself in the middle of a dark stressful place by my own doing?  Yet that doesn't throw God off. I believe He meets us where we are at and starts laying stones one by one to bring us back to the original path He had for us.
Look at II Timothy 1:9: "He has saved us and called us to a holy life, not because of anything we have done, but according to His purpose and grace. This grace was given to us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time..." (in the Greek: 'before times eternal')
All God's provision for our entire lives has already been given to us!  That's everything you'll ever need to live, to work, to be married, raise a family, to endure hardships and heartaches, to do God's will, to accomplish whatever He puts on your heart to do, everything has already been provided, prepared for you since times eternal - And as you walk with Him, He will reveal what has already been planned at the appropriate time. Step by step. 

I don't know about you but this really brings me incredible peace. My future is set, planned for, laid out and everything I need is provided. All I have to do is follow Jesus. I pray you think about that today, really ponder it and allow it to sink into your soul. And may the truth of it flood you with peace. 

5 comments:

  1. Mon Aug 27th,
    "Morning, MaryLu."
    Thank-you for today's blog "Eternity and Provision in Every Step" ...
    What an amazingly awesome God we serve !!! To know, that He loves us and cares for us SO very much, is almost beyond words !
    His grace, patience, unending love, forgiveness .... gently guiding and leading us on the 'path of life' He has for us, yes ... step by step.
    Truly, that brings me peace, MaryLu ... Knowing, that He has the best and well-laid plan of all, not always the easiest ... but still, the best for us. I am SO very thankful and blessed that "He meets us where we are at" ! What an awesome, awesome God !!! And whatever 'that path' entails ... He promises to NEVER leave nor forsake us !!! Incredible !!! We are NEVER alone !!!
    Thanks for sharing these wonderful truths and reminders.
    Take care, and, God Bless,
    In Him, Brenda Hurley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda!! I thought you would like this post. It really brought me peace as well. To know that God is so intimately involved in every step of my life. Wow! It truly is Incredible as you say. Thank you for always stopping by and making my day!! Hugs from CA to CA! (California to Canada!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, MaryLu......so comforting to know He does this for us. Especially meaningful to me as I am battling health issues. I am NOT used to pain so need your and Brenda's prayers!
    Jackie S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tues Aug 28th,
    To - Jackie S -- I'll be praying for you ... that God's peace will surround and comfort you, that you will feel and know His presence ... as He walks with you through this difficult journey. You are NEVER alone !!! (Also praying against these health issues and the pain.)
    In Him, Brenda Hurley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie, I'm so sorry you aren't well. :-( It's hard to make sense of anything when you're in pain. I'm glad you mentioned it so I can pray for you. Which I will gladly do. Please let me know how you are doing. God does have a plan.. for good.. even in the pain. Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete