Monday, April 8, 2013

Seated in the Heavenlies

Original picture Here

Do you feel like you're seated in the Heavenlies?  Most of the time I don't! In fact, only on rare occasions when I'm in prayer do I feel like I'm soaring through heaven (metaphorically speaking).  Yet God's Word is clear.

God. . .raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus  (Ephesians 2:6, NKJV).

Amazing. But what does it mean to be seated in the heavenlies? How would that feel? If I close my eyes and picture myself in Heaven with Jesus, I suppose

  • I'd feel safe, like nothing could ever harm me. 
  • I would no longer worry about anything, right? In heaven, there are no worries. 
  • I would lack for nothing. All my needs would be met.
  • My future would be determined, and it would be a good one
  • I would have full access to the throne of God to talk to Him whenever I wanted
  • I would be part of God's family
  • I would be loved!

Sounds good, doesn't it? Truth is, I don't have to wait until I actually go to heaven to feel those things, to believe those things and to live those things.  It's just a matter of taking God at His word and believe Him.  How do you do that? Try reading Ephesians over and over until it sinks in!

Ephesians 1

3: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,   

4: just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love
7: In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins
8:  He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence,
11: In Him also we have obtained an inheritance
13-14: sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance 
19: exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe

Ephesians 2

10:  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.  
19: Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God

Ephesians 3
11-12: according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord, in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
20: Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 
  
Here's a list of our blessings NOW from these first three chapters  

We are

Chosen
Adopted
We Possess every Spiritual blessing
Set Apart, Holy
Blameless in His sight
Redeemed
Delivered
Forgiven
We have been given Wisdom
Understnading
We have an inheritance
Sealed with the Holy Spirit
Made Alive
Seated in Heavenlies
God has good works planned for us
Our Citizenship is in Heaven
Part of God's household
We have peace
God's immeasurable power is at work within us
We have boldness to come before God's throne

And this is just from three chapters of the Bible. Can you imagine the promises in the entire thing?  
We need to believe these blessings. We need to believe we are seated in the heavenlies with Christ! Not in an arrogant prideful way but in a humble, thankful way. As a child who's been adopted into the most powerful family ever known.  It's a change of heart and a change of attitude that comes from faith.  Stop cowering from the enemy. Stop living a defeated life. Take your seat in the heavenlies with Jesus and start living a life of victory!

8 comments:

  1. Monday, April 8th,
    "Morning, MaryLu."
    Love the pictures you shared on today's blog. It brings everything more to light.
    Now, as to the answer to your first question: "Do I feel like I'm seated in the Heavenlies ?" Key words being: "feel like" ... Well, if I went on feelings alone, then ... no, I don't feel like I am seated in the Heavenlies. Do I "know" that I am .... yes.
    Honestly, when the -- woes, cares, worries, concerns, problems, and distractions are finished here on Earth ... I for one, will be most delighted.
    But truly, I "need to" -- read and soak in Ephesians (like you recommended) until I not only 'know' it, but 'feel' it too !
    Thank-you, again, for these great truths and reminders !!! I sure needed to hear them.
    Take care, and, God Bless,
    In Him, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very inspiring and much needed. Thanks for the list of WE ARE reminders. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....not much more to say than that! Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! MaryLu I have been in church my entire life and have never heard a better sermon.
    It's almost too wonderful to think about...the things God has in store for his children. Thank you so much for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post, ML! I really needed to read this tonight. Love this. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful image but even better words. Love the reminders in the WE ARE list. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad this post was a blessing and a hope to you all!! I have to remind myself of these things daily.. because the world and the enemy want make us believe the opposite! Have a heavenly day!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. God is wonderful in all things

    ReplyDelete