Monday, September 23, 2013

In Need of Some Strong Support?

For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His.  2 Chron 16:9 NASB

I've always loved this verse, yet how many times do Christians read it and go "oh, that's so nice and comforting" and then just go on with their lives and continue their prayers and petitions to God, begging Him to intervene on their behalf?

Sometimes we have this picture in our mind (or at least I do) of God sitting on His throne in heaven, angels all around Him, maybe a choir singing, lots of brightness and rainbows and a crystal lake and flashing lightning like is described in the Bible. He's up there and we are here and He's got so much to deal with and so many lives to keep track of, how does He ever remember us?  

But this verse describes a different sort of God. He's not sitting there like some magistrate only dealing with the big events on earth, He's actually peering down from Heaven searching EVERY heart. Can you imagine? Heart after heart after heart. I can't imagine some of the depravity He sees. What is He looking for?  Someone who truly loves Him and puts Him first in their life.  Not second or third after their spouse, kids, job, money, health, fame... but FIRST. Someone whose heart is completely His.  

Sometimes we try so hard to get God's attention. We pray and pray and pray and ask others to pray and we get on our knees and beg God to help us.  When in truth, God is actually seeking someone whom He can help. The verse says He's seeking someone whom he can STRONGLY SUPPORT!  Good grief, I don't know about you, but I sure could use some strong support from the Creator of the Universe, the Almighty God. How about you? 

So, stop begging, stop seeking, and make your heart completely His. He's looking for you! He wants to Strongly Support you. 

The Almighty's eyes stop roving. They land on you. He smiles and tells the angel beside Him, "Finally, there, do you see (insert your name)?  Their heart is completely mine. Then He rubs His hands together. "Now, watch how strongly I will help them!".


.

9 comments:

  1. Mon Sept 23rd ....
    Wow ... this is at least the 7th time I've tried to enter my comment, and it asked me to change my password. Hope this works.
    Thank-you for today's blog ... another timely word in due season.
    Guess I have to stop seeing myself in my own self-image .... as a disappointment and failure. Thankfully, God is who He is .... and sees so much more, and, loves me in spite of who I am. Thank Heaven, that God is who He is !!!
    Thanks for this encouraging and uplifting word today !
    Take care, and, God Bless, In Him, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last part gave me goosebumps, MaryLu, I can so envision that happening. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter how hard I try, I will never seek Him like I should or love Him like I should. I will never be the person I should be. It has been that way since the fall of Adam. I am both saint and sinner. But that is what the Gospel is all about. Christ forgives the fallen. Christ seeks the fallen. Christ has mercy on the fallen. He is my support, regardless of my foolish actions, and He is always ready to offer forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, MaryLu - thanks for the reminder! Doesn't it just blow your mind trying to picture our God caring for the billions of people in the world - all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful picture of our Father in heaven. Thank you for another great post today, MaryLu! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an encouraging word from the Lord. This is so important to remember especially when times are difficult. Thank you for the reminder that He IS with us, all the time. He does hold us in His strong right hand even when we think or feel He isn't near. God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AMEN! But oh how hard that can be to stand strong on at times.

      Delete
  7. WOW! I have been writing that verse on Christmas card after Christmas card this week for unsponsored Compassion kid's but you NAILED it in the very last paragraph! I SO NEED to remember this...what divine encouragement. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete