Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What is Heaven like? -- part 9



To answer last week's questions:


Will animals inhabit Heaven or the New Earth?



I'm a real animal lover. I take in every stray cat that comes to my house. (We currently have 4, but have had up to 6 in the past) I've also had birds, bunnies, rats (yes, I know, Yuk) gerbils, and fish. One of my favorite things to do is visit a zoo or wild animal park. So, I can't imagine Heaven without animals. Well, rejoice... here's what the Bible has to say about that:

"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, The leopard shall lie down with the young goat, The calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little child shall lead them. The cow and the bear shall graze; Their young ones shall lie down together; And the lion shall eat straw like the ox. The nursing child shall play by the cobra’s hole, And the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper’s den. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain, For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea." Isaiah 11:6-9
Sounds like alot of animals to me! And not only that, but they'll be friendly too.
Do animals have souls? and how does God consider them?

Consistently throughout scripture, God used animals to further His purpose. He used ravens to feed Elijah (1 Kings 17) He made a giant fish swallow Jonah (Jonah 1:17), he sent a fish with a coin in its mouth to the disciples (Matt 17:27) and he used a donkey to get Balaam's attention and save his life. (Numbers 22). God created animals. He loves them. And since they appear to have feelings and thoughts, they must have souls.
"What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it." Matt 10:29
How will people and animals relate?
I think the best way to answer this question is to point you to this video: Please watch it, You'll be glad you did.



Here's next week's questions.

Will we see our beloved pets in Heaven?
Will our dreams be fulfilled and missed opportunities regained?
Will there be new inventions and new technology in Heaven?
*** Most information taken from Heaven by Randy Alcorn

1 comment:

  1. Like you I love animals and have often wondered if animals would be in Heaven. I had a feeling they would because you can't look into a cat's (or dog's) eyes and not see a soul. Thanks for posting this...been learning a lot. :)

    I've seen that video about Christian and I got all teary eyed. It is so sweet!

    Oh, I just ordered books 2 & 3 in your pirate series...can't wait to get them!! :)

    ReplyDelete