Monday, September 28, 2009

The beginning of the end?


I don't know about you, but I'm watching closely the events in this world and the signs that came out of last week's UN meeting, especially as they pertain to the Bible. It astounds me how accurate the Word of God is. Thousands of years ago, God told us through the prophet Ezekiel that not only would He scatter the people of Israel away from their land as punishment for their idolatry, but He also foretold of a time when He would bring them back. (Ezekiel 28,36). I love Ezekiel because it was while I was reading it some 15 years ago that God revealed Himself to me and I turned away from the miserable life I was leading and ran into His arms.

Ezekiel 38 describes a coming war upon Israel. Although there is some debate as to who the nations listed are today, here is a pretty accurate list, give or take a few countries:

Iran
Iraq
What used to be Southern Russia (Turkmenistan, Uzbeckistan, Afghanistan, etc)
Turkey
Ethiopia
Egypt
Ukraine

Byt the way, note that these countries are all muslim.

Here's what we saw in the news last week:

President Ahmadinejad dodged a question about whether his country had enough uranium to manufacture a nuclear weapon and ignored allegations that he wasn't complying with International law by not disclosing that a nuclear facility at Qom had been under construction for years. Basically his speech was fairly innocuous, not at all like his past speeches at the UN where he cited from the Koran and gave praise to Allah and said he saw a blue glow around himself while he spoke. But I would rather he had done that than remain as civilized as he did (Although he did threaten President Obama that he would "Regret his statement" to comply with International law.) I believe he's stalling for time, playing politics, smiling and being polite, lying about his willingness to negotiate. Why? Because he still needs more time to develop his nukes. And I for one, have no doubt that once he does, he will attack Israel.

Ahmadinejad believes that by attacking Israel and creating chaos in the world, he will be ushering in the Islamic messiah, Imam Al-Mahdi. So, he could care less what anyone in the world thinks or anyone in his own country. This is why he scares me so much. Want to hear something creepy. This Al-Mahdi is supposed to sign a 7-year peace treaty with Israel. Sound familiar? Humm

Could this be the beginning of the war described in Ezekiel 38? Only time will tell.

But what concerns me the most is whether or not our country will take a stand with Israel. I believe Prime Minister Netanyahu will do the right thing for his country, but will we stand behind him? We must, not only because Israel is the only democracy in the middle east, but because they are God's chosen people and God will judge all the nations according to how they treated Israel.

I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat. Then I will enter into judgment with them there on behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations; And they have divided up My land.
Joel 3:2

Pray for the Peace of Israel and for God's Kingdom to come upon the earth!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks MaryLu for this post. I was talking with an older lady, who is both a friend and custome of my mom's, about almost this exact topic. I believe that things are coming to a head in the middle east, and I believe that we may even become embroiled in a war with China and Korea also. These people, especially most Moslems in the ME (Middle East), HATE us because 1) We are techinically a Christian country; there are many christians here and despite what Obama said once we are a Christian nation because those are the values our country was founded on, and 2) Because of our beliefs, God has blessed our country. Anyways, this lady believes that 1) China will keep NK in check because China still needs our business, and 2) That the ME countries won't war with us once the Taliban and such are taken care of because they also need our business (oil).

    I can't agree with that because 1)During the Olympics it was said that China hacked into our computers. Why would they do that unless they wanted our information?
    2) If Iran goes to war with Israel, they won't be trading oil with us anymore because they'll be too busy using their resources to fight Israel.
    3) I believe things are coming to a head and eventually, America is going to become enbroiled in this war. I hope America does side with Israel and helps it, but I think (and this is personal opinion) that we will be going to war against Iran anyway because they HATE us. I think that we will eventually be forced to protect ourselves.

    These are all my personal opinions, and I'm sorry if I'm both misinformed on some things and if this comment has turned out as more of a rant than a rational comment on your post, MaryLu, but it annoys me to see how naive some people are ab out this!

    ~Sasafras

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, sister. You are brave to tackle this subject so straightforwardly. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you, every time we turn around we can see the Bible being fullfilled, Almost everything that the Bible says has to happen before the returning of Jesus has almost been done. He says that every one will need to hear about Him before His return and with the tecnology that we have today I wonder if anyone has not had the chance to hear of Jesus, maybe some way back in the rain forest but with people already going in there, how do we know that they have not heard. The Bible says that every eye shall see and every ear shall hear and I believe that is really close at hand. I would love to know that all my family is Christian but they are all going to church and no one knows for sure except them and God. I know that I am ready and waiting to get out of this old sinful world.
    There will never bee piece on this earth as we know it, because there has been war ever since time began and I don't believe it will ever end untill the return of Christ.
    Please folks if you don't know Jesus as your personal Savior it is so easy, all you have to do is believe that He was born of a virgin and that He came into this world and dies on that cross to save us from our sins, Just ask Him to forgive our sins and that you belive in His and ye shall be saved, so easy, then you are His child. I believe that one saved always saved, we do things that He does not like and sometimes have to be punished just as we do our children, but once they are born to us they will always be our children, and I believe that is the way God sees us.
    Just Believe.


    mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post really stuck out at me; I'm reading the "Left Behind" book series right now - and the book of Revelation along with it - and a ton of the stuff in there has already happened in real life. I believe 100% that we are in the End Times, which is something both exciting and terrifying - the former because Christ will return for His church, but the latter because things will get a lot worse before He does.
    Thank you so much for posting this information; I never knew before that that the Muslim messiah will be the Antichrist.
    -Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I didn't really know all that, things for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been thinking about these same things for some time now. You expressed it so well, and those verses are so dead on. I realize more and more how urgent the need is for fervent prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this. I know about it but I can't put it into words...I enjoy reading your prespective on it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished up in Jeremiah in my through the Bible reading and there was a message that seemed pretty obvious to me... God doesn't like it when countries stand against Israel.

    ReplyDelete