Monday, May 8, 2017

End-times Scoffers beware!



This may be a hard post to read for some, and believe me, it wasn't an easy post to write. The last thing I want to do is come across as being judgemental of anyone, so I hope and pray that you read this post in the spirit in which I'm writing it....one of a humble appeal for those believers who either scoff at the end-times or who are not excited about Jesus's return. Believe me, I have been there myself many years ago. Life was good, I was happy with my circumstances, and frankly, I'm not the kind of person who likes change very much. I was young and still wanted to live out my life. So, in all honesty, I loved Jesus, but I wouldn't have minded if He stayed up in heaven for a little while longer. If that's you, or if you fear the second coming, or if you scoff at those of us who are fixated upon it, I urge you to continue with this post. Why is it important? Because God may give you what you want and leave you here during the Tribulation. Don't think He would do that? I back that up with Scripture in my post HERE

I would honestly say that 90% of the Christians I meet have zero interest in end times, and whenever I bring it up, I either get blank stares, someone changes the topic, or I get mocked. Yes, mocked. Even in my own Bible Study group.  Many Christians tell me they aren't excited about the rapture at all.  VERY FEW churches preach anything about it, which astounds me due to the times in which we live.

If you're not interested in reading the signs of the times and watching for our Lord's return, may I suggest one of the following may be true
  • You don't know Jesus or the Father very well
  • You are lukewarm in your faith
  • You have put the things of this world above God
  • You have no clue what heaven is like

Those were my exact problems too. Yet, over the years, as I've grown closer to the Lord, He's been gracious to me to change my attitude immensely.

You see, if we love the world and the things of the world, the Bible says the love of the Father is not in us (I John 2:15). If we are too attached to our homes, jobs, friends, and family, to the point of not wanting to leave and be with Jesus, then we are loving the world more than God. 

The Apostle Paul himself said how much he desired to be with the Lord, even though he knew God still had work for him to do.
For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better. Philippians 1:23

The thing is, if you truly knew the Father and truly knew Jesus, you would want to be with them. If you've ever been in love, I mean really crazy in love, then you know what I'm talking about. You can't stop thinking about that person and you can hardly wait to see them again! That's how we should feel about our Lord. And the ONLY WAY to get that type of passionate, desperate longing is to spend a lot of time with Him. The more time I spend with Jesus, the more I love Him. You can't help it. He's too wonderful.

The more you know Jesus, the more you love Him, and the stronger your faith becomes. The stronger your faith becomes, the more you love Him and the more you become on fire for Him. When that happens, the things of the world become less and less important. The pleasures we once thought were so wonderful no longer hold much appeal for us. You see how it all boils down to having a relationship with Him? That should be your TOP priority every day of your life.

We should all feel like aliens in this world, like we are just passing through, heading toward our real home. Fellow believers, this is NOT our home. This world is passing away. You will live FOREVER. Once you start to get that eternal perspective, everything changes.

For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ Philippians 3:20
so that you come short in no gift, eagerly waiting for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ, 1 Corinthians 1:7

So, you see, it really does matter whether you are watching and eagerly waiting for our Lord's return.  John says in the verse below that EVERYONE who hopes for the return of Jesus purifies himself.
Then in Titus we see the Apostle Paul mentioning yet again looking and watching for the return of Jesus. 

Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. 3 And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure. 1 John 3:2-3

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,  teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,  looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, Titus 2:11-13

There seems to be special rewards for those who eagerly wait and watch for the Lord.

...so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation. Hebrews 9:28

Hmm, does that mean that He will not appear a second time for those who AREN'T eagerly waiting for Him?

Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing. 2 Timothy 4:8

(By the way, heaven is far more wonderful than any of us can imagine. I plan on writing some posts about it from a pastor who God took in the Spirit up to heaven and gave him a tour. If that won't get you excited, nothing will)

There are a ton more Scriptures I could post, but I'll stop there. If you find yourself not excited and not interested in the soon coming rapture and subsequent second coming of our Lord, may I urgently plead with you to repent and ask for God's forgiveness, spend more time with Him, and then ask Him to instill in your heart a desire for Him and a longing for the Lord's appearing. May we all feel as David felt when he wrote this psalm

As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God. When shall I come and appear before God?  Psalm 42:1


 For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere!  Psalm 84:10


 



11 comments:

  1. Thank you again for your informative and motivating post, MaryLu! I'll always remember firstly having that strong sense of feeling like an alien during the year I got saved (1982), along with a friend one day when we were out. I think the closer I walk with Him, the more I feel that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed, Noela. More and more, I feel like I'm a stranger in this world. Especially as satan takes more and more control of it.

      Delete
  2. MaryLu, fantastic post! I think one thing you said is so true, people don't have any idea what heaven will be like. I have never heard a sermon or message on what it will be like to live throughout eternity in heaven. We just think we "want to go to heaven". After reading Randy Alcorn's book on Heaven, I truly have a much better appreciation. Sadly, I should have gotten that appreciation from reading scripture but that book made me really think through what living in God's Kingdom will be like. I eagerly wait your post on heaven. I for one appreciate your research, your effort and your grasp of scripture. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! I truly believe that words can't describe how wonderful heaven is!

      Delete
  3. Preach it sister!!! Looking forward to you sharing the pastors experience with heaven! Marantha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you again for your time in posting such great messages to us. All good ! The verse of Hebrews 9:28 that states --Christ was sacrificed -Once- to take away the sins of many people;and He will appear a SECOND time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him. so much food for thought!
    You have just given me my new Bible study. I have 2pages of verses to look up and even more from my commentary. I found in some commentary notes I found some extra special explanations of this verse pertaining to His second coming and those who are waiting for Him constitute a smaller circle of those who hold firmly til the end, the confidence we had at first. ( see verse 3:14). I am eagerly looking forward to my study. Thank you again.
    💕💕🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
    In His Name-Blessings
    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could provide fodder for your Bible studies, Elsie!!! Isn't the Word of God rich?

      Delete
  5. When I became a believer I was hungry for the word and an older believer told me-" you are like a little baby needing the milk to grow . But the day will come when milk is not enough and you will add bread to your diet. Then the day will come when you need more than milk and bread and you will need meat to satisfied your hunger. ". Well MaryLu-- she was absolutely right. I think I am getting into the dessert part of my hunger! Isn't it amazing how The word of God has layer after layers of truth and even to this day after many years of reading --one can Say-- how did I not see that? It is The Wonder of His Word.💕💕

    ReplyDelete