Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fool's Gold


Yesterday, in honor of President's day, my daughter and I went and saw the movie, Fool's Gold. Once I saw that the movie was set in the Caribbean and was about sunken treasure, I hoisted my sails and sped for the theaters. I mean, so what if it got terrible reviews? Well, I'm here to tell you that my daughter and I found the movie quite enjoyable. What's not to like about Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson sailing upon emerald waters surrounding glistening white sand searching for Spanish gold? So what if the plot wasn't all that intricate and the dialogue not all that riveting? I'm not looking for an award winning film when I go see a movie. I'm looking for entertainment. But I will give you a fair warning. There are a couple of spots in the film which I would consider quite racy and completely unnecessary. A flash of breasts and some cussing which added nothing to the story, but rather stole its dignity. I'm not sure why Hollywood sees it necessary to add offensive material that serves no purpose. But, I digress.

If, during this cold, long winter, you'd like to escape for a few hours of exquisite Caribbean scenery and a fun love story, complete with nasty villains and treasure chests filled with doubloons, then set sail for your nearest theater, grab some popcorn and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I saw this movie the day it came out and it was SOO good. Yes there were a few bad parts, but other than that it was very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see this one so bad! I don't care if it gets bad reviews, it looks like a laugh riot. And that's all really matters anyway with a romantic comedy.

    ReplyDelete