Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lost Sawyer fans - get your nickname


Okay, I admit it, I'm a die-hard LOST fan. I can't help it. The writers of that show are stupendous. I not only watch it because I enjoy the show tremendously, but because I hope to learn something about good writing. Put together fascinating characters with deep problems and intricate pasts, lots of edge-of-your-seat tension, conflict, romance, and tons of surprises that will make your head spin, and you've got a great show and great novel.

Anyway, I thought it might interest some of you who have read The Restitution, that I modeled the hero, Kent Carlton, on the character Sawyer from LOST, not only in looks but in personality. What do you think? Did I do a fair job?

If you know the show. Sawyer never calls anybody by their real names. He has a nickname for everyone. So, when a friend of mine told me about this website where you can ask Sawyer to generate a nickname for you...I couldn't resist.

I hope you can't either: Sawyer's Nickname Generator

By the way, mine was: MilqueToast. LOL

Leave me a comment and let me know what yours is too.

2 comments:

  1. I've actually never watched Lost, but I can see how he looks like Kent. My nickname was Wilbur lol. It makes me think of the pig from Charlotte's Web :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like LOST too! A really edgy, interesting show...you never know what's going to happen next.
    I just started reading the 'Legacy of the King's Pirates' series, so I haven't read too much about Kent but now I can't wait to read his story...cause everyone loves Sawyer, right?
    My Sawyer nickname is SugarPop..LOL
    I'm really enjoying your books:)

    ReplyDelete