Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Do Book Trailers work?

Creating a video book trailer for books seems to be all the rage now among authors. Many hire someone to do the work for them. Others, like me, attempt to create them on their own. I use the free software that comes with Windows called MovieMaker, and truthfully, its fun to create a video that represents the book I've poured my heart and soul into. Perhaps its just a tiny sampling of getting to see my book in film (which is every author's dream, of course). So, in case you haven't seen my newest trailer, I'm posting it here for you to view if you desire. This is only the second one I've made, but truthfully, they do take hours to create. My question to you is this: Do you believe they are worth it? In other words, after viewing this, were you any more inspired to buy my book than before? Did it increase your enthusiasm? Did it leave you breathless, desperately wondering what you will do with your time until my book releases? (Okay, I've gone a bit overboard here) Anyway, I crave your opinions here, because I'm not sure I want to put in the time on these things if they really do no good. Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. I didn't need this trailer to convince me to get your book, it's already on my wishlist! But you did a good job with the trailer. I'm sure it's hard work making one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your books! The Legacy of the King's Pirates series were awesome and cant wait for your new book to come out. The trailer just makes me more anxious for it to come out.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was definitely going to read the Falcon and the Sparrow anyway, but the trailer makes it even more exciting. The trailer for the Restitution, however, IS what made me really interested in your books. So I think they are worth the effort. You are the only author I have read so far that makes trailers. It's a very cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally want to read this now...
    In fact i think i must!
    :)
    Ps. Didn't know if a comment would count on Shoutlife or not so posted here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your comments! That really helps me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the video was very effective. I love that you capture the conflict so clearly and I immediately cared about the heroine's plight.

    Sheila

    COS Productions

    ReplyDelete