Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hello to my bloggers and Dan in Real life.

First of all, I want to thank everyone who regularly visits my blog, and also to those of you who post comments. I want to let you all know that I DO READ every comment with interest. There are many times I would like to respond, but when I click on your Google profile, there is no email address for me to respond to. So, rest assured, I am grateful for your interest in my humble blog and appreciate every comment I get.


I wanted to share my thoughts on a movie I rented last night called Dan in Real Life. It is an odd title for a movie and not one I would normally pick up, but a friend recommended it. It's the story of a widower trying to raise 3 daughters. He writes a column for his local newspaper and gives strict moral advice to his readers. But when it comes to his own daughters, his strict moral code often alienates him. I am very leary of watching movies these days, especially PG-13 movies like this one was rated. Hollywood seems to enjoy walking that fine line between what's acceptable for a 13 year old and what is not. But this movie was a pleasant surprise. Only one time did I cringe slightly. Most of the movie had me rolling on the floor. It was very funny, and the characters likeable. The thing I enjoyed the most, and one thing we writers all aspire to do to our beloved main characters, is to make things get worse and worse for them. Just when you think nothing worse can happen, it does! Great, entertaining movie.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, I was thinking about renting this movie but wasn't 100% sure..now I think I will go rent it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the movie review. We'll have to check it out.

    ((Hugs))~ H.

    ReplyDelete