Friday, August 22, 2008

Arg, I'm off t' sail the ocean blue!

Well, perhaps just the San Diego Bay! Tomorrow, my hubby and I will be flying down to San Diego for their annual Festival of Sail. Here's a link if you want to check it out: Festival of Sail

I'm very excited because I will get to tour ships like the USCG Eagle,


The HMS Bounty,


And the HMS Surprise (the very ship used in the film, Master and Commander)



And that's not all! On Sunday we have booked passage aboard the Spirit of Dana Point to engage in a cannon battle with the American Pride! So I finally get t' test me skills wit' the big guns, eh?

So, if you hear on the news that a mad blonde women, wearing an eye patch and sporting a flintlock pistol hijacked one of the tall ships from San Diego Bay and set sail fer the Caribbean with a crew of ruffians by her side, then say a prayer fer a fair wind and a clear horizon, and that I live to tell the tale, will ye?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. :) Do you need a firstmate??

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ships are beautiful, they look fierce, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your books,and I am very excited about Red Siren coming out in February! I love to write and someday hope to be published by Barbour. Keep writing!
    ~Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete