Monday, January 12, 2009

Bedtime Stories

I don't often go to the movies anymore for obvious reasons, but over the holidays I had a chance to go see Bedtime Stories with my family. Now, I'm not going to tell you this was a fantastic film, but I will tell you that I enjoyed it very much! It contained all the elements of a great story.

It has a unique and interesting premise (Every part of a story that a young boy makes up in his head actually comes true)

A main character who is lovable, but flawed and who has gotten the short end of the stick his entire life (someone we all can sympathize with)


  • An underlying theme that All things are possible for those who believe! I may be the only person to pick this theme out, but throughout the story, I was reminded of the scripture that says "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine"

  • A love story

  • A main character who learns to be less selfish and more giving through the story. (A moral theme)

  • The bad guys get it in the end (sorry to be a spoiler)
If you get a chance, check it out. Don't expect any oscar preformances, but I guarantee you'll leave the theater feeling better than when you entered

No comments:

Post a Comment