Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pictures from Christian book Expo

I had a wonderful time this last weekend at the Christian Book Expo in Dallas. This is the first year the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association put on this show. Over 200 authors attended, along with their publishers who set up booths where you could meet with your favorite authors, chat with them and get their books signed. They also had a ton of great seminars, including one on Heaven and Hell, The 2nd coming, Does God exist?, the Emerging church. Unfortunately, I only had time to attend a couple of these, but they were fantastic.

The turnout to this event was very disappointing. I believe they were expecting close to 20,000 people, but in reality only 1,500 came. Was it not enough advertising, the bad economy, the location, the price of admition? Who knows? Unfortunately it doesn't bode well for them putting on another one, which is sad because this is the only event I know of that is geared mainly toward readers.
It wasn't a loss for me, however. I was able to spend some time chatting with my publisher about future books (yea!) and with my agent, Greg Johnson. And hang out with my writer friends. But the best part was meeting some of my fans who were able to make it. I promised them I'd post their pictures here on my blog, so here they are:


Me and Karen Cross!

Me and Rebornbutterfly (Sarah) !

Me and Linda from Mocha with Linda blogspot!


I loved meeting everyone!
I hope they continue to have these shows as it gives me an opportunity to meet with readers! and that's one of my favorite aspects about being an author.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, MaryLu. You're on my blog. :)
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you did, Sarah! So happy to have met you and your family!

    ReplyDelete