Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pictures from Michigan book tour

Well, I'm finally getting over my jeg lag from my week-long Michigan tour. All the other authors were basically in the same time zone, except little old me, who was 3 hours behind. And I felt 3 hours behind the whole time I was there! Anyway, we did have a good time. We signed at 8 different book stores and met a ton of nice people, along with book store owners and workers. Everyone treated us so well and made us feel welcome.

Here we all are at one of our signings.


From left to right: Author Mary Connealy in the orange, sitting down is Micah Widdis who lives there and took time out of her day to eat lunch with us and come to our signing, Author Christine Lynxwiler (standing behind her), Author Kaye Dacus, and Me (sitting down)
We also met a really nice lady, Denise and her daughter Courtney. She has a wonderful blog called Thus far the Lord has helped me I just wish I'd gotten a picture of them to show you! I also met Micah's mother and sister too! What great people! Waving at all of you! Thanks so much for coming out to meet us!!!!
Although I was born in Flint, Michigan, I left when I was 6 months old, so I had no recollection of the state, but let me say that if you're planning a visit, don't go in the winter! It wasn't terribly cold but there was nothing green anywhere. Egad, this California girl was quite distraught.
One of our favorite spots was the Leighton Township Library. The ladies that ran it were so very nice and we enjoyed chatting with them and with everyone who came in. It was a very homey comfortable atmosphere and all of us authors were able to relax and talk with people about or writing without the extra pressure of selling our books.

Can you believe most of the people who came in lived on farms and acutally milked cows and raised chickens? This city born and bred girl just shook her head. :-)
Here we are surrounded by the awesome ladies who worked there!


When I left Michigan on Saturday, it was in the 30's and they were expecting a blizzard. Yesterday in California, it was sunny and 80 degrees. God is good!
The best part was getting to know the other authors on the trip. If you didn't get a chance to read their interviews on this blog last week, I encourage you to do so. Plus, I've now read their books and I highly recommend them. Besides that, they are all fun, quirkly and very nice ladies.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha....I read the last part about the blizzard....well, that's MI weather for ya, because now its 53 and SUNNY!!!! :) lol It was wonderful meeting you all!!!
    -Micah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you arrived home safely and you had nice weather. The snow missed us here the but the middle and eastern side were not so lucky. Today it was beautiful!

    I enjoyed reading all the author interviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great time!! :o) Looks like it was a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete