Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wordless Wednesdays

I'm going to institute something new on my blog. I'm going to just post a picture or 2 on Wednesdays of things I hope will be of some interest to you. Maybe a picture of me or my home life or a picture of someplace I visited, or maybe one of my cats! So, here goes....

This is an inside shot of Bancroft Hall at the US Naval Academy in Annapolis. You will never see the inside of this massive dormitory unless you are a midshipmen or you are a parent of a midshipmen. It is the largest dormitory of any US college and houses every student (midshipmen) at the Academy. It's absolutely gorgeous here in the main room.




We attended a parade of the midshipmen while we were there. They get all dressed up in their dress blues and march from Bancroft Hall to a huge field the size of a football field. They line up by company and march to a marching band. It is very impressive.

Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that dormitory is beautiful! I would love it to much if I could live in a place like that. So cool.
    I like the picture of the men marching, must have been interesting to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Beautiful images* =) I especially like the image of the dormitory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice pictures! My mom does the Wordless Wednesdays, too.

    ReplyDelete