Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Be on the alert tomorrow!

I like to keep my eyes on things happening in the Middle East. After all, that is where all of the Bible took place and also where all future prophecies will be fulfilled. So when Mahmoud Ahmadinejad issued a warning last Sunday saying that the nation will deliver a harsh blow to "global arrogance" on February 11. I took notice. Is he just blowing off smoke and trying to scare us? or is he serious?  I tend to think he's serious. Why? Because he is a religious zealot who believes that he must create world chaos in order to usher in the Mahdi, the Islamic messiah. People may call him crazy, but I think he's perfectly sane. I also believe all the jihadist are sane, intelligent people.

When you toss eternal destination into any equation, it ups the stakes considerably. Just as we Christians believe that Faith in Jesus will lead us to Heaven, these muslims truly believe that in order to guarantee their arrival in heaven, they must kill infidels. Not only that, but I recently learned that they also believe that if they kill Christians and Jews, not only they will go to Heaven, but they can bring 70 of their friends and family. Now, just stop for a minute and think about that. Think of all of your family members and friends who aren't Christians. If you're like me, you've been praying for them for years. Imagine, if by one action of yours, you could guarantee not only your salvation but theirs?  Honestly, if I believed that, I would probably do exactly what they are doing. Their faith, although serious misguided, is commendable.
Having said that, no amount of "talking over tea" is going to convince them to lay down their arms. I wish our government understood this and acted accordingly.  But they don't. So, just in case this warning is true, please be careful tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for letting us know, MaryLu! I've been studying End Times prophesies lately, so I'm trying to pay extra attention to everything that happens in the Middle East.
    And what you said about what we would be willing to do to ensure the salvation of our loved ones really put into perspective.
    -Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people think that Iran will get over themselves in a few years. I think not. They clearly play a big role in the end of times-it says so in the book of Revelation. I just think its interesting when they threaten Israel. They would never be able to defeat them. Israel has the supernatural their side-God still has a covenant with them. And then, Iran turns to us. The scary part is that they could literally cripple the U.S. by shutting down our electricity and energy system. Doesn't that show that we might have become a little too dependent on electricity, internet, and so forth? I don't think we should underestimate them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. It's similar to Nazi Germany. Hitler kept telling everyone what he was going to do, but nobody really believed him. Ahmadinejad is saying the same things. He wants to wipe Israel off the map and destroy the West, yet nobody takes him seriously. Maybe it's because of the oil, like you said. The world is drunk with the wine of Babylon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all,

    I believe attacks may come but I really do not believe that any religion would end. Many people may die, but always there will be followers somewhere to keep the religion. Satan will never take over the world.
    Anna Labno

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree, Anna. There will always be believers in Jesus, right up to the very end. Thanks for your comment

    ReplyDelete