Friday, March 12, 2010

The winner of The Captain's Lady by Louise M. Gouge is.....

Carly!!!  And wow, I was blown away with the number of comments. Thank you all for entering. And considering purchasing a copy of this book on your own. I assure you, you won't be disappointed.

I'll draw a winner for Love Finds you in Bridal Veil, Oregon by Miralee Ferrel next Friday, so there's still time to enter a comment for that book.

I will leave you with one word to take into your weekend:  Exceptional which means superior or gifted. I challenge you to practice being exceptional in all that you do. But you may say that you're not gifted, you're not anything special. Perhaps. But if you're a Christian, you have the living God inside of you and access to all His power and strength and wisdom. So, what are you going to do with it? Whine and complain cause life isn't going your way? Sit and do nothing. Cower in fear? Do you want to miss your destiny?  Just believing in God isn't enough. You must be commited. Jesus knew that he'd be tortured, scorned, spit upon and hung upon a cross, enduring the most gruesome and painful death known to mankind, yet the Bible says, he turned His face toward Jerusalem. On purpose! Do you think it was easy for Him to go there, knowing what awaited Him? But even Faith and Commitment isn't enough, you need discipline too. You need to Move. Jesus didn't just turn his face toward Jerusalem, he began walking there.

Faith in God  +  Commitment + Discipline  = An exceptional person

Don't settle for the comfortable life. Don't settle for the status quo. Be Exceptional this weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Carly!

    Thanks for the encouraging words MaryLu. I will try to be exceptional. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a powerful point! I think this is something that all of us need to remind ourselves of every morning before we get out of bed and face the world behind the safety of the warm covers. :-) It reminds me a bit of that NT verse that says something along the lines of, "Everything you do, do it as if working for the Lord."
    I'll certainly accept this challenge and try to see it through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Carly. I love what you wrote below those parts. Very motivational, and a great reminder. In fact, I needed this for this coming week, and to consider the last. I also need to learn how to hold my tongue when someone who I am forced to see every single day, complains continually.

    God bless,
    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad my words blessed you ladies! I just truly believe that if we truly run the race the way God wants us to, we will see things and do things we never thought possible.! I hear you Abigail about holding my tongue. That's one of my biggest weaknesses. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Carly! Enjoy it!

    Thank you for this post MaryLu, it is fun to be challenged to do something that maybe we don't do as much as we should.
    Have a great rest of the week. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete