Friday, January 14, 2011

Surrender the Night Month is next month!

Just in case you forgot, I thought I'd announce that every Friday next month, I'll be posting something about Surrender the Night and drawing names for a free copy!!
I'm hoping to give you an indepth look at the main characters, along with pictures, a trailer, excerpts and more.  Now, if you're a part of my Motley crew, please feel free to comment but since you're already getting a free book, I'll not enter you in the drawing. K? (You know who you are!! And I do too!!)

And in the book news arena, I thought you'd like to know that I Also just signed yet another contract, along with three other stupendous authors to write part of a Novella called Rendezvous at Central Park.  


Experience the beauty of Central Park where four heroes
dare to risk their hearts once more for a timeless love.

The “Rendezvous at Central Park” is a collection of stories which trace the journey of a Civil War era coin, inscribed with the words “Love Never Fails, Central Park” through four generations of the Wolfe family. 

Here are the four authors involved and the stories they are writing. Each of us writes our tale in about 20K words or so, making the entire book between 80-100K, which is the general size of a regular novel.  This is my first time doing something like this, and I'm SO EXCITED to be a part of such a great team!  This book will be Incredible!
 
Dream A Little Dream by Ronie Kendig – (Afghanistan War, Present Day) – Jamie Russo and Sean Wolfe are hiding behind the mistakes of other family members and avoiding their dreams. When a Civil War era coin changes the course of  Sean’s life, he is scared and angry. Jamie feels irrevocably linked to Sean Wolfe and charged with the command regarding “love always perseveres,” seeing through Sean’s anger and pain to love him the way God does, but in doing so, she is forced to face her own fears. Can Sean break free from a legacy of pain and shame? Will they both surrender fear and dare to dream a little dream? 

A Love Meant to Be by Dineen Miller – (Vietnam War, 1973) – Unexpected love sweeps Alan James and Gail Gibson into a romantic journey that spans 38 years. After a whirlwind romance, they plan to reunite at Central Park after Alan returns from the Vietnam War, but the lies and deceit of Gail’s sister foil their reunion. Thirty-eight years later, Alan’s niece, Jamie, finds Gail and brings them back together. Alan and Gail’s plans to reunite in Central Park are finally realized in a surprise reunion that shows their love was meant to be.

To Sing Another Day Kim Vogel Sawyer – (World War II, 1941) – When Helen Wolfe’s fiancĂ© abandons her, unwilling to assume responsibility for Helen’s younger siblings, she is forced to relinquish her dreams of becoming a singer and seek employment to provide for her family. Desperately in need of money, she pawns a family heirloom—an inscribed $20 gold piece dating back to the Civil War. But her act of desperation ignites an answering sympathy in pawnshop owner Bernie O’Day’s heart. Will Helen allow him to become her champion, giving her a reason to sing another day?

Beauty From Ashes by MaryLu Tyndall – (Civil War, 1865) – As war’s end, Colonel William Wolfe, disfigured both in body and soul, travels to Williamsburg, Virginia to see his fiancĂ©. Excited to claim the woman he has fallen in love with even more through her many, long letters, William is devastated at both the sight of the worn-torn country and the repulsion he first receives from Annie.  Permelia, Annie’s sister, has loved William from afar for many years. Caring not that his once-handsome face is scarred, she is thrilled to see him and accept his help on the plantation, even though he still seems stricken with Annie.  But when he finds the $20 gold coin he had given Annie as a token of their love in Permelia’s possession, William begins to suspect the truth. Will William overcome the pain of Annie’s rejection and take a risk on true love again?   

19 comments:

  1. YAY! I love the sound of the novella! I'll have to keep an eye out for it. :)

    And I LOVE your month of promotion about your newest books. I'll have to send my mom over to enter. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday, Jan 14th,
    Wow, here we are ... about half way through January already .... good grief ! How time flies !!!
    "Surrender the Night" is sure sounding good ... so looking forward to its release ! (Way to go, MaryLu !)
    I am so happy/excited for you MaryLu ... re, your newest venture ... to be part of a "Novella" ... this is wonderful news !!! And, when will that book be released ? What an honour and a tribute to you ... to be a part of this undertaking ! God IS good, ALL the time !!!
    Take care, and, God Bless,
    In Him, Brenda Hurley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for next month, and can't wait for this novella! I LOVE the idea of tracing the coin's impact through history!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear more about the book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Casey! Thanks Brenda!! I always love your enthusiasm! Sapphire, the novella will release in April 2012, 2 months before my other book, Veil of Pearls, releases!
    Thanks also, Grace!
    By the way, ladies, I just got a sneak peak at the trailer for Surrender the Night, and it is stupendous! Can't wait to show it to you next month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cant wait for Surrender the Night month!! Its fun getting to know your books while waiting for them to be released.
    A Novella? How long will each story be if four stories need to fit in one book? This will be interesting. I have never read a Novella before but if MaryLu is in it, I will give it a try. :)
    Looks like you have some exciting plans for after this series MaryLu. I will pray everything goes smoothly.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great news, Marylu, congrats! God keeps opening up doors for you and you just 'step right up' and enter. This Novella will be a great way for readers to get to know other authors they have never heard of before. I've never heard of Dineen Miller or Kim Vogel Sawyer, but I guess I will know who they are when I read this novella. And people who have never read your novels will see what you have to offer as well. I will be praying for great success, because a victory for you is a victory for God! I can't wait to set sail on your ship as part of your crew. My husband said that he would help 'spread the word' as well. He works at Walmart, so he has access to all of the books there. He is going to be my secret agent, sneaking your book marks into as many books as he can. I've even got family members in various towns that are willing to help......Arrr. Have a great weekend, Cap'n.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness! I can't wait to read them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Tori, I've never written a Novella before! so, we shall see.
    Debbie, that is so cool about your hubby and Walmart!! And getting friends to help too! Thank you!! Ye've already earned points on me crew! LOL
    Thank you Miss1941!!
    Have a great weekend, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news. Also, the novella sounds wonderful and the authors writing with you are awesome.I am also on your crew and can hardly to get sailing.Kim Vogel Sawyer is an awesome storyteller. I have not read Dineen Miller as of yet,but the story sounds wonderful.Ronie Kendig's books are also awesome.This sounds to be an awesome novella.Good luck to all involved. I will definitly put this on my TBR list.Safe sailing capt'n.
    AprilR

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dineen is a first time author and a great friend! She just received another contract for her first full length fiction. I'm so happy for her. Thanks April!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, MaryLu! That looks REALLY good!
    When will we receive the book marks to hand out, do you think?
    ~Abigail =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Abigail, my publisher should send me the books and bookmarks sometime in February. As soon as I get them, I'll package everything up and send it to my crew. So, you're probably looking at about a month!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks awesome! And MaryLu, is it favoritism to say that your contribution sounds the most interesting?

    ~Sasafras

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! It sounds like a great book!
    I cant wait until it comes out and I can read it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL, Well Sasafras it might be favoritism to say that, but I'm always happy to hear it.!

    Thanks for your enthusiasm, Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was excited to read any new information from this post on "Surrender the Night" but also found that you're writing a novella. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll read everything you write! I love you as a writer! You and Francine Rivers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, Rachel! I've never been listed next to such a wonderful author as Francine!

    ReplyDelete