Thursday, November 17, 2011

Here's how I see Faith and Dajon from The Red Siren!

Which also happens to have the worst cover of all my books. Uggg.


Captain Dajon Waite

Faith Westcott
  



















Faith Westcott abandoned her shallow faith when a series of tragedies struck her family. To save herself and her sisters from forced marriages, this fiery, born-to-the-manor redhead is a lady by day and a pirate and by night. How long can she maintain this dual identity before she’s caught red-handed? God-fearing Dajon Waite, who scours the Carolina coast, expunging it of pirates, is a more-than-capable captain in the British Royal Navy. But when he is asked to take on the guardianship of Faith and her sisters, he’s headed for deep water. Having vowed to avoid women, what will he do when he finds himself falling for Faith? Sir Wilhelm Carteret has always gotten everything he desired but Faith seems to be unaffected by his charms. When he devises a plot to rid himself of his competition, more than Captain Waite’s reputation is at stake as alarming secrets are revealed. Will Faith regain her trust in God only to find herself headed for the gallows? Will Dajon scuttle his good name—and neck—to save her?

15 comments:

  1. Agreed! Great book with an iffy cover. This is a much better Faith! Now I must reread that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with the cover being iffy. That one could have had a redhead on a ship with a rapier in her hands while she wears a dress or something creative like that.
    Anyways, great people for your descriptions of your characters, Mary Lu!

    Shelby Z.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these posts where you show what you pictured your characters like! so much fun to look at!

    Micah :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies! I thought this was a perfect picture for Faith. Anyway, I argued and begged and pleaded with my publisher to redo the cover but they wouldn't budge. It's such a horrible depiction of what the story is about. Just horrible, but they loved it! Uggg..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree that this Faith is much better than the one on the cover. They should have at least had the girl on a ship or something-maybe even with that crimson scarf that she gave Dajon around her waist. Something relevant to the story! My favorite cover in that series is the one they did for Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly my thoughts, Eszter. I asked for a red-haired woman dressed as a pirate on the bow of a ship with a sword in her hand.. and what I got was a chubby sprite in a gown on a porch with a stupid look on her face! LOL
    My favorite of the series was Grace's cover too. By then, my publisher was starting to do better on covers. and every since then, they've done great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, that is certainly not my favorite cover! This Faith looks awesome, almost just like the one I envisioned! The Dajon is pretty close to. Great work!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops!!! I meant "too" not "to" lol....
    Heather ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you like my choices, Heather! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! You've been given The Versatile Blogger Award at Griperang's Bookmarks! You can read more about this here:

    http://griperangsbookmarks.blogspot.com/p/my-life-outside-of-book-reviews.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. REALLY CLOSE!
    The nose is off....I loved that book!
    -Rebekkah xD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Captain Waite's nose looks different in my head. I picture her face completely different...I do a great job of picturing them the way you do, huh? lol.
    Sometimes I even picture a character with the wrong hair color and when I find out it's different I refuse to change it. I haven't done that in your books because you explain them!
    -Rebekkah xD

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad I looked back and found your opinion of what they should look like. I'm sorry, but shame on your publishers. I swear it seems that sometimes publishers don't even read the books. It is the exact meaning of "don't judge a book by it's cover". But I had a hard time with this book. My goodness, if this red-haired lady had been on the front with pirate garb on, it would have been amazing. Any-hoo, what can you do?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks JMB, my sentiments exactly! If I ever get the rights back for this book, I'm putting a totally different cover on it!

    ReplyDelete