Saturday, September 15, 2012

Trip to San Francisco and Napa

My friend, Debbie Lynne Costello and her hubby, Joe, came to stay with us for a few days. (remember this woman's name cause she's going to be published some day and you'll want to read her books!)  Anyway, we spent the day yesterday driving through San Francisco and then up into Napa where they grow grapes for the best wine in the world.  San Francisco was the usual crowd of people and cars so we just viewed everything from the car.. even China Town, which was really cool.  We did stop at Coit Tower, finding it completely by accident.. but we got out to stretch our legs and learned it was the tower from which a lookout would spot the ships coming into the bay and then raise the signal flags to alert the city as to what nationality they were or if they were pirates!  Anyway, here's a picture of me and Debbie Lynne with the city behind us.  Sorry. you can't see much of San Francisco!  Our huge bodies are blocking the view!


Then we drove to Napa and stopped at a winery for a tour.   They let us sample the grapes right off the vine and I was surprised they were so sweet. I'd always heard wine grapes were sour.


Anyway, it was a fun day!!  Got home around 6:00 and then went out to dinner. My hubby and Debbie Lynne's hubby hit it off too. It was nice to get a break from writing....  refreshed my brain and gave me an idea about a vineyard story idea.

8 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a good time! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'd like to hear more about that vineyard story idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day! Hubs and I will be visiting San Francisco later this year and we are so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ladies, we had fun! Brooke, San Fran is quite a unique city...almost like another planet. LOL. You'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mon Sept 17th,
    "Morning, MaryLu."
    Just got back in from a weekend spent with my sister, a couple of hours away.
    Quote: "Our huge bodies are blocking the view" !!! ???? Excuse me ??? "Our huge bodies" .... I don't think so, MaryLu. You are just a wee, tiny, petite little thing, and your friend is tiny too !!! I believe it was the trees and bushes blocking the view of San Fran, if we're being technical here !
    Anyway, loved seeing the photos, and you both looked so happy ! Glad you all had a wonderful, and fun time ! And as you said, a nice break. Good for you !
    Take care, and, God Bless,
    In Him, Brenda Hurley

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a wonderful time and you were the perfect tour guide. Much better than Brunhilda. Wish it hadn't been so short.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun trip.

    Hey I had a quick question I hope that you won't mind on this post. In your book, how do you not tell what is happening in your boo? I know having the character see and feel what is happening is the most important, but how do you write to NOT tell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brenda.. you're so cute.. my body is a lot bigger than it used to be. LOL

    Debbie lynne refers to Brunhilda which is what I named the GPS lady who kept telling us where to go. She was awfully bossy!

    Shelby, your question is a great one.. How about I address it in my post this coming Friday? So come back and I'll give you my best answer.

    ReplyDelete