Monday, September 3, 2012

What to expect in the Millennium - Ruling for 1000 Years

thetruth-blog.blogspot.com
I'm so excited about this series because I'm so excited about the Millennial Reign of Jesus Christ on Earth, I can hardly stand to wait!.  If you're an avid Bible reader, I'm sure you'll have read all this before, but perhaps you've never seen it pulled together in one place. Once you see what we, as sons and daughters of God, are in for, I think you'll be excited too!  So let's get started.

First of all, I know there are alternate interpretations of the Millennium out there. Some believe we are already living in the millennial reign of Christ, others believe it won't be here on earth, others believe it's already past. I'm not here to debate these theories. I just want to show you what Scripture says.

The seventh angel then blew [his] trumpet, and there were mighty voices in heaven, shouting, The dominion (kingdom, sovereignty, rule) of the world has now come into the possession and become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ (the Messiah), and He shall reign forever and ever (for the eternities of the eternities)! Revelation 11:15


evidentialfaith.blogspot.co...
The Millennial reign of Christ is a time after Jesus's return to earth in which He will reign over the world from Jerusalem for a thousand years.. Mille in Latin means a thousand. This is found in repeatedly in Revelation 20 if you care to look it up. Here's just one of the verses.

Also I saw the souls of those who had been slain with axes [beheaded] for their witnessing to Jesus and [for preaching and testifying] for the Word of God, and who had refused to pay homage to the beast or his statue and had not accepted his mark or permitted it to be stamped on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived again and ruled with Christ (the Messiah) a thousand years. Revelation 20:4 (Amplified)

But what will this time be like? What can we as Christians expect? First of all, you'll notice that the Scripture says that we will rule with Christ.  This is a theme found throughout the New Testament.  In 1 Corinthians 6: 2 says Do you not know that the saints (the believers) will [one day] judge and govern the world?

Not only that, but we will judge angels as well. Do you not know also that we [Christians] are to judge the [very] angels and pronounce opinion between right and wrong [for them]? Verse 3

The word Judge in this context means more like an administrator.. a policy maker.  Essentially, we will all be in government service!  But this will be God's government, not man's, which will make the job much easier!

Scripture also indicates that depending on what we do here in this age with our time on earth, we will be given more and more responsibility in this Godly government. 

And he said to him, Well done, excellent bond servant! Because you have been faithful and trustworthy in a very little [thing], you shall have authority over ten cities. Luke 19:17

But what type of government will Jesus set up on earth? We know from Scripture that He will rule out of Jerusalem, but how? The only thing we know is that He will rule with a rod of Iron. 

And he who overcomes and who obeys My commands to the [very] end [doing the works that please Me], I will give him authority and power over the nations;  And he shall rule them with a sceptre (rod) of iron, as when earthen pots are broken in pieces, and [his power over them shall be] like that which I Myself have received from My Father.  Rev 2:26-27

But why so tough? Why a rod of iron? Apparently that means that not everyone who is still alive on Earth when Jesus returns will be extremely happy about it.  Yes, there will still be people alive after the battle of Armageddon--people who survived it or people who didn't fight.  These are the people we will be ruling over. Some will bend their knee to Jesus happily, others.. not so much.  As we'll see in other posts, these remaining mortals will live a very long life on a planet that will be extremely fruitful because of God's presence on earth. But God is just and He gives EVERYONE the opportunity to choose Him or not. These remaining people must make their choice just like we did. And unfortunately, we know that not all of them do because when Satan is released after 1000 years, many of them follow him.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Tune in next week for a look at what kind of body we will have!
  

6 comments:

  1. Mon Sept 3rd,
    "Afternoon, MaryLu."
    Another great, and, interesting post ! I can hardly wait either. Ruling and reigning with Christ ... almost difficult to imagine/comprehend (in our earthly bodies for now).
    Thanks for sharing more wonderful Scriptural truths with us.
    Today here in Canada, it is our "Labour Day Monday" holiday ... so just appreciating a quiet day at home. Is it a holiday in the States too ?
    Take care, and, God Bless,
    In Him, Brenda Hurley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda! Yes, it's Labor Day here too today. But I'm working.. Hubby is home but he's doing his wood working... but other than that it's quiet. I probably should have posted this some other time due to everyone being on holiday! But it's such a cool topic!! I can't wait!!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am Amillennial, so I don’t believe in a literal thousand year millennium, but this should be an interesting series regardless. It is always nice to understand why people believe certain things! Happy Labor Day, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's alright, Emma. I'm just glad you dropped by anyway. I do realize not everybody believes this is the way it will happen. :-) However God arranges things... I will just be happy to be there! And to finally meet you all my blogger friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, MaryLu! Right now my pastor is taking us through a verse by verse study of the Book of Revelations. It is AWESOME! We've all been waiting for him to do this and there has not been a week yet that hasn't moved me to tears or goosebumps. We just ended chapter 11 and I'm looking forward to chapter 12 this Sunday coming. I'm so thankful for the wisdom the Lord has given my pastor, breaking down everything, giving us the background and coordinating scriptures throughout the Bible, showing us how historical, current and future events play their role, and opening the floor for discussion and questions at the end.

    It has been so eye opening and such a blessing. We were actually discussing the Millennial reign of Christ this past Sunday at the end of service. I believe it will be here on earth, taking place after the Battle of Armageddon and the Judgement of the Nations. And I believe in a pre-tribe rapture, so I don't believe we're living in that Millennial reign at present... but it's in our not so distant future. We're certainly living in the last days and everyday that passes without that Trumpet sounding is an extension of His great mercy and grace, willing that none should perish. I know many interpret Revelations differently, so I'll respectfully stop there.

    It is mind blowing and hardly fathomable to our finite minds what Christ has in store for His Bride! Just in the scriptures you shared here I'm in awe of His incredible plans, plans that actually include us... living and reigning with Him... oh, how He loves us!

    Thank you for posting this, Marylu! Looking forward to future posts!

    Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Amanda! I wish our pastor would go through Revelations! It's definitely up there as one of my favorite books of the Bible.. alongside John and Isaiah. Anyway, cool stuff, eh?
    I believe we are in the last days too. I get excited just thinking about it. But it also makes me realize I need to get working for the Kingdom.. no time to waste!

    ReplyDelete