Friday, December 21, 2012

Winner of Pick a Hero Picture Contest!!



I guess if you're reading this, the end of the world didn't happen!!  That's good, because I'm really looking foward to Christmas!

Thank you all so much for helping me choose a picture who best represents the hero in the book I'm currently writing!! I don't know where you all come up with so many gorgeous men, but it's been fun. And it really helps me out!

Here's the character description you had to work with:
James Callaway
James is 28 with light brown hair streaked by the sun. He is over 6 feet tall and muscular. Some might call him brawny. His eyes are the color of bronze.  James grew up with a perfectionist preacher father who never seemed to do anything wrong. Driven to follow in his father's footsteps at a young age, James's brief time as a pastor ended in ruin due to an indiscretion with a lady. You see, James has a weakness for beautiful women. So, he became a doctor and served honorably as a war surgeon in the Civil War until one day he could no longer take the blood and gore and abandoned his post. Now, he is terrified at the sight of blood!  James is patient, smart, loyal, and cares deeply for people, but he feels like he has failed at everything he has ever done. Including now being the new colony's only preacher.

And the Runners up are!

Liam McIntyre and Ryan Reynolds had 4 votes each

Liam McIntyre
Ryan Reynolds

















































And with 5 Votes, Josh Duhamel

   With 10 votes, Chris Hemsworth!

Chris Hemsworth
  But the WINNER with 12 votes was

Alex O'Loughlin!

Congratulations to Susan Snodgrass for nominating, Alex. She has won a $20 Amazon Gift Certificate!!

And Thank you all so much for your help!!! 

Just a quick note on this.  I realize that many, if not most of these actors, do not live a godly lifestyle. The selection of a picture to represent my character in NO WAY means he represents the hero in my story in any other way except physical appearance.

Writing news.  
I'm working on the first draft of a book called Abandoned Memories. It is the third book in my new series, Escape to Paradise. The first book, Forsaken Dreams, will be released in March. The second book, Elusive Hope is turned in and releases in August.

If you're interested in preordering Forsaken Dreams, click HERE. It's being offered at a great preorder price of only  $7.61 instead of the usual $12.99.  



Tis the weekend before Christmas!!  I'll be wrapping gifts and baking cookies.  What are your plans??

6 comments:

  1. Fri Dec 21st,
    "Morning, MaryLu."
    Congratulations to Susan, first off.
    And, you probably are not going to believe this .... but my 'first choice' (in head and heart) was "Alex O'Loughlin" ! The only reason I did not choose him, was because you described the hero with 'bronze eyes' ... and Alex's are a most beautiful blue.
    So glad the 'picture' of the hero is him though. I really like him a lot, and, I watch Hawaii Five-0 faithfully ! He is just so handsome and mighty fine looking !
    Off and running now to do errands. We have a couple of Christmas get-togethers going on this weekend.
    Enjoy that holiday wrapping and baking, MaryLu.
    Have a great weekend, everyone.
    Take care, and, God Bless,
    In Him, Brenda Hurley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MaryLu for another entertaining 'game'! :)
    Congrats to Susan!
    I am so happy that book 3 is in the works. I was craving some MaryLu books yesterday. Can't wait for the next series!
    I'm kind of silly and start my baking sometimes in November. Of course, it's eaten and long gone by Christmas. So I just keep making more. I have a great friend who makes me triple chocolate toffee every year. She gave me some last night, so I imagine I'll be feasting on that this weekend. She said it was up to me if I wanted to share with my family .... LOL ... of course, the kiddos know it's there. Caught one of them hiding in a corner this morning munching on some.
    Merry Christmas to you MaryLu!
    To you as well, Brenda! May you and your families have beautiful time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Susan! Always so much fun! Thanks MaryLu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I believe you, Brenda! Alex is a great choice.. and we can never match the eyes. In truth, any of the above men could have won and I'd be happy. They are each "right" for James's character in their own way. Hope you have a great Holiday weekend!

    Caroline if I started my baking in November I'd be as big as a house! That's why I try and start it late so I won't eat as much of it. LOL When my mother used to come for Christmas, it was usually her, not the kids, who I'd catch sneaking goodies. :-)

    Waving at Johnette!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Susan!

    I am relaxing this weekend, as I have all my presents wrapped!
    I wrapped them weeks ago! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sat Dec 22nd,
    P.S. -- to Caroline ... you're still too funny -- doing your Christmas baking in November, for one thing ! I'd have it "all" eaten too, and well before December ever arrived !!!
    Just wanting to wish Christmas blessings right back at you, Caroline ... to you and your family. Thank-you for the Christmas wishes and thoughts.
    Have a great weekend.
    In Him, Brenda Hurley

    ReplyDelete