Friday, May 31, 2013

Winner of Heroine Picture Vote and my next project!

First of all, I want to thank you all so much for helping me choose the best picture that fit my heroine's description!!!  You all are so much fun! I enjoyed reading your votes and I appreciate you taking the time to help me!

Here's the description of the heroine:
Juliana Dutton is 21 years old, with sea-green eyes, and honey blonde hair. She is tall for her age and has a slightly athletic build.  Juliana is a hard worker, determined, stubborn, and independent. When she puts her mind to something, she never backs down. Due to her father's illness, she has been forced to take over the family merchant business in secret because women were not allowed to run businesses in 1692. Consequently, she bears the burden of her family's support, of getting proper care for her father, and of dealing with a lazy, pleasure-seeking brother.  Regardless of what society says, she believes women are equal to men and her greatest fear is poverty and loss of freedom. Which is why she never wishes to marry and become subserviant to a man.

And here's the results of your votes (taken from this blog, from facebook, and goodreads responses)

Blake Lively 1
Carrie Underwood and Saoirse Roman  1
Emily Blunt and Jennifer Morrison 2
Hayden Panettiere 3
Anna Sophia 6
Amanda Seyfried 11
Emily De Ravin 13
Jennifer Lawrence 29!!!

So, Jennifer Lawrence is the winner! Well she's not the winner, but her picture is the winner and will be used to help me visualize my heroine Juliana Dutton

Amanda Seyfried
Anna Sophia Robb



















Blake Lively
Carrie Underwood



















Emily De Ravin
Emily Blunt



















Hayden Panettiere
Jennifer Lawrence


















Jennifer Morrison
Saoirse Ronan




















Now, I thought you'd like to see the picture I chose for the hero. When I saw this picture, I knew it was the perfect likeness. Allow me to introduce you to Alexander Hyde, Viscount Munthrope.

Alexander Hyde is Captain Edmund Merrick Hyde's only son. (If you've read my pirate series, then you will remember Merrick!)  Raised in a loving, Godly, home, Alex grew to love God and the sea. However, due to his father's long absences, Alex felt abandoned most of his life. When the opportunity arose for him to take over the pastorate of their family friend Reverend Buchan in Port Royal, Jamaica, Alex jumps at the chance to prove himself to his father and win his father's regard. However, inexperience and multiple failures cause him to forsake the God he loves and turn to piracy. Now, disillusioned, he leads a duel life. One the one hand he's the infamous Pirate Earl, on the other he's the dandy nincompoop Lord Munthrope.  He maintains the charade only for his own entertainment--to stave off the emptiness in his soul and boredom of life. That is, until he meets the lovely Juliana Dutton.

The book is entitled Herald of Grace and I'm SUPER excited about it!!  Can't you tell?  I'm back in the Caribbean with my beloved pirates. I'm just starting to write this... however it probably won't be released until late 2014 or early 2015.  :-(  (Sorry about that! But I thought those of you who loved my pirate series would like to know about this one coming soon!)


14 comments:

  1. Friday, May 31st,
    "Morning, MaryLu ... even at 5:00 A.M. !!!"
    Well, I'm not surprised to hear that Jennifer Lawrence's photograph won the contest. She really 'fits the description' of Juliana Dutton.
    And, as to your "newest project and venture" ... absolutely thrilled that you are writing "Herald of Grace", and back with your 'Caribbean and pirates' once again !!! I remember Captain Edmund Merrick Hyde well ... it is one of my favourite books !!! It will be so neat to read about his son, Alexander. The story-line sounds great, and so true to 'MaryLu fashion'. Even though we'll have to wait awhile for its release ... it is definitely to be looking forward to !
    So happy for you, MaryLu ... Congratulations !
    Take care, and, God Bless,
    In Him, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great new book! I had been thinking that this year was flying by.. suddenly it seems to drag! I'll be looking forward to _Herald of Grace_, for sure!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to Herald of Grace. I love your pirate stories!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always LOVE reading your stories!! Almost finished with Forsaken Dreams! I'm reading it vveerryy slowlyyy cause I don't want it to end! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! I do think Jennifer Lawrence was a good choice since she fits the description and is tall, too! I'm so excited for this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I smiled when I saw Merrick's name! It's like seeing an old friend again. And pirates ... can't wait for the new book. I pray that God will continue to give you wisdom with your words, passion for His story, an obedient heart to write what He wants so that many readers will be blessed and drawn closer to Him. And this for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! You are all so sweet and kind. I really appreciate it. I'm very excited to be back in the Caribbean again. I've been gone far too long. :-) Although Brazil was a nice adventure!
    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi MaryLu! I am so excited about this new project you are working on, especially that it goes back to one of the wonderful characters from your Legacy of the King's Pirates series, which I absolutely love!! Even though we have awhile to wait, it's something to look forward to, knowing that we'll be getting to return to the Caribbean too with those pirates! :o) So is this project Book 2 for the Escape to Paradise series? Or is it a stand alone novel?

    I'm also happy with your choices for the hero and heroine, especially the hero! Hehe...he was amazing in the movie, Snowwhite and the Huntsman, and Thor too of course! :o)

    Have a blessed weekend. I'll be praying for you as you work on writing these new, wonderful adventures for us to enjoy!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  9. MaryLu...you sneaky pete! Having the focus be on this heroine business and slyly sneaking in that this is a continuation of the Pirate series! YES! I said a big wooohooo, when I read it! I cannot wait. Waiting a few years is nothing! It will be worth it! I still swoon thinking about him Merrick! I am sure his son will prove quiet the charmer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, Kimberly I loved Chris Hemsworth in the Huntsman! In fact I loved that movie.. have watched it twice. Thanks so much for your prayers.. I need them!

    I'm very sneaky, Emma!! Thank you for your enthusiasm... Alex Hyde will be even more charming than his father, if that is possible. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merrick is my favorite character...I can't wait to meet his son! Very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo! Oh, MaryLu, you've done good! The fact that he plays the role just to entertain himself and avoid who he's truly meant to be! And with your creative imagination and passion for people being all God created them to be...that's going to be one GREAT book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't been on your blog for a few days, but I can't even begin to describe how excited I am for this new book! The pirate series is my favorite of yours, and I am pretty sure I'm in love with Merrick... so I am super excited to get to know his son too, especially if he's more charming than his father. I don't know if I'll ever be able to stop reading this book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow.. thank you, Ladies... I'm pretty excited too. I feel like I'm home at last. :-) As soon as I find out a release date, I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete