Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday News! And winner of Do Life Differently!


Ahoy Everyone!

First off, thank you for dropping by last week and checking out Jill Hart's devotional for work at home Moms!  The winner of the drawing for a free book is Chaplain Debbie!!!!   (picked by Random.org)  Congratulations Chappy! I'm sure you'll be blessed by it. For those of you who didn't win and others who are just seeing this now, I encourage you to order a copy HERE.   Let's face it, we Moms need some encouragement!

Now a wee bit of news:


First, I'm in the process of revamping this blog. It will look much the same but it will have lots more information to click on from the top menu, including pages about my books and a contact form and even some ship information. Also, I'm planning on blogging more regularly soon. Nothing earth shattering but just news as I have it and any insights I receive from the Lord.  Since I'm no longer on Facebook, I want to provide a place where people can find and interact with me if they want. So, please keep checking back! 

 Secondly, I'm getting my rights back for my pirate series and I'll be republishing them one by one with new covers and slightly new content!  The new content will not change the story but will hopefully make the reading flow more smoothly.  Please sign up for my newsletter where I'll be posting special introductory prices for the first book, The Redemption!



This is a VERY ROUGH copy of what I'm thinking of for a cover. I'm not set on it yet, though, so don't get too attached. I just wanted to show you what I'm working on (Or what my designer, Dineen, is working on!) 

Anyway, That's it for now!  I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!



.


13 comments:

  1. Excited about the changes in your blog and books. Looks as though you're already off to a great start. I check your blog everyday and can't wait to see the changes. Sometimes the insights the Lord gives you are exactly what I need to hear and also challenge me to become a better daughter of the King. Thank you for wanting to interact with us despite your extremely busy life. My weekend will be fabulous as I'm picking up my copy of "The Ransom" today. CAN'T WAIT!!! It's supposed to rain all weekend where I live and what better way to pass the time than to be in the warm Caribbean with The Pirate Earl and Juliana??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amy! Sometimes I wonder if anyone reads my blog.. so you put a huge smile on my face today. :-) I miss sharing what the Lord is doing in my life.. so I'm anxious to get back to that. We are, indeed, princesses of the King and need to get ready for His coming! :-) I hope you enjoy The Ransom!! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read it, MaryLu. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new cover for the Redemption! Can't wait to see the final draft (much better than the original, in my opinion.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo I like this cover! :) It is visually striking and makes me want to see what the island shot is all about! :) But I'll try not to get attached! ;) Can't wait to see what the final one looks like! :)

    Blessings, ASC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Yes, I actually liked the original covers when they first came out. (All except The Reliance. I thought Charlisse didn't look like herself!) But as time went by, I liked them less and less. It's so much fun to finally design them just how I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read all the original Legacy of the King's Pirates books (of course!), and I always thought the pirates in the background looked very strange, except for the one on The Restitution....he looked ok. Better than the ones on the other books anyway. Looking forward to the republished pirate series for my library...the older ones disappeared out the front door under guests' arms when they came over -- never to be seen or heard of again! :o The Ransom is one of the most beautiful books I now own, and since the colors match my living room it is on display in a real pretty spot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the pirates did look a bit strange.. not at all like I pictured Captain Merrick. But I had no say in the covers at all... so I kept my mouth shut. I'm so glad you like the cover of The Ransom. It is my favorite. :-) And of course I designed it to match your living room.. didn't you know that? LOL

      Delete
    2. That was mighty kind of you! Do you need the colors of the rest of the house? LOL

      Delete
  9. Now Diana, you behave. You could have sent those books to me when you no longer wanted them. I don't usually be able to get them unless I can win them. (Just teasing, but I would have been happy. LOL) MaryLu, i have always loved your blog and found it to be very uplifting. I love someone who isn't afraid to speak of what our Bible teaches. I have to say tho, I really did love the cover of your Forsaken Dreams. It's beautiful. GOD bless you as you make all of your changes. I have always felt it was wrong for the authors to be able to pick the covers AND their own Titles. Didn't know all of this until I found all of my Author friends online. GOD bless you, Maxie mac262(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited about, and for, the changes in your writing career - MaryLu!! I'm happy for you, and looking forward to what you have in store for us - including those new book covers!! I'm always inspired when authors share their insights from the Lord, and love reading them!! I love your blog, enjoy reading it and looking at your beautiful pictures!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete