Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday Frenzy


Anyone else notice that time seems to be speeding by??  I remember when I was young, it couldn't go fast enough for me. Days would drag by and nights were interminable. But not so anymore. They do say that time seems to get faster when you're older, but I've asked young people the same question and they agree! 

I thought that by my age, my life would slow down a bit. With my kids grown and my career winding down, I pictured much more spare time to enjoy hobbies and friends. NOT.  Throw in a couple of grandkids and a booming career and I can't seem to keep up.

Notice the word grandkids?  Yes, I'm having another one!. My son's child this time. So life will get even more hectic, if that's possible. 

I truly wonder if God isn't speeding things up as we near the end of the age. Maybe He's heard all my prayers asking for Him to hurry up!  Yes, I'm one of those crazy Christians who can't wait for the end. I can't wait to stand before my Savior. I can't wait for the wedding feast! I can't wait to have a new body and be without sin!  And I can't wait to rule and reign with Jesus here on earth for a thousand years. Talk about a great ending to a story!! It's the greatest story ever told with the greatest ending!

In the meantime, I sit here in my office that looks like a ship's cabin and I write my stories, praying that some readers out there will be drawn to the one and only God who loves them beyond measure.  The problem for me seems to be finding time to actually do that writing!

So here's an update on what I'm working on

Done re-editing The Restitution and waiting on the cover before I upload it for sale as both an ebook and print.  (You're going to love the new cover!)

Halfway through my mermaid allegory entitled. Tears of the Sea.  I have also hired someone to create the cover!

In the beginning stages of coming up with ideas for my next pirate book. This is a really cool phase where characters barge into my mind uninvited and demand to have their story told, and ideas and scenes play out in my mind when I least expect them.  Weird, I know.


Other than that, I'm taking care of my granddaughter, running my house, cooking and cleaning like everyone else. And praising God for all His Blessings!!

Have a Great Weekend!


.

11 comments:

  1. I KNOW that God has sped time up.....there is no other explanation. I can't wait to read Tears of the Sea! New pirate book? Awesome! More to look forward to! Have a great weekend, my friend. Hugs and God bless.
    Side note: Where is Brenda? Weird not seeing her as the first to post a comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm.. You're right about Brenda. Hope she's okay. She's so faithful to drop by. Have a GREAT weekend too, my dear friend. :-)

      Delete
  2. Cap'n congrats on another little bundle of joy!! I had to re-read that part about another Pirate story...you have me all hyped up now!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :-) If the Lord tarries I have something to look forward to and if he doesn't Hallelujah...Heaven Here We Come!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, Teresa! Heaven here we come!! I can always write more pirate stories from there. ;-)

      Delete
  3. My husband still doesn't believe pirates can love Jesus. ..what will I say about mermaids? Only Marylu could make me believe in mermaids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your hubby needs to read my books! I think you're going to love my mermaid, Melody!

      Delete
  4. Loving your Friday Frenzy description, MaryLu!! And yes, I picked up on that grandkid(s) with an "s" and wondered if I had missed reading about one of them.

    Laughing at Melody's comments (I'm sure "Tears of the Sea" will be very believable when you finish with it, LOL) - and agreeing with Teresa in that we are blessed whether the Lord comes now, or later!! I agree that time seems to be passing more quickly - perhaps it is because God has impressed upon us the need to do more to reach others for Him?? However, I DO believe that we are in the final days before His return - PTL!!

    Love and hugs, MaryLu, praying extra blessings for you this weekend and thrilled your career is going so well!!

    Post shared!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie!! Yes, I also feel the need to reach people for the Lord. Time is running short and I HATE thinking of those who won't make it to heaven. Like you, I believe we are closing in on those last days. How can anyone look at what's going on in the world and not think so? THANKS for your congrats on my new grandchild. It's not due till March, but we are all excited!

      Delete
  5. P.S. Congrats on the coming grandchild - when is he/she due??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saturday, July 26th .....
    Hello ladies ! How nice to know I was missed ! That's too cute !
    Agreed with all you said about 'time' flying by faster and faster, MaryLu. And I also believe that we are in the end times, for sure ! I also, am SO looking forward to being with my Lord and Saviour !
    Mermaid story - half way complete ... great news. Glad to hear another pirate story is in your mind, processing around.
    Don't be startled by this comment ... but I am "hoping" that one day/some day ... you might even give a whirl at a novel about: the early Viking era for one; and, the Scottish early centuries (12th, 13th, or even earlier, for example) ... and fair maidens and damsels-in-distress being rescued. I seem to have a fixation with the earlier centuries .... a time we never had the benefit (or, the misfortune) of knowing. A faraway time and land to be -- wisked away to, with only our imaginations to soar.
    Congratulations on the news of another grandchild. Exciting times, for sure.
    Hope everyone has a good weekend.
    Take care, and, God Bless, In Him, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you came by finally, Brenda! Yes, Of course we missed you. :-) I thought about Vikings at one point and have several books about them.. so you never know. I love that time period too. Have a great weekend! Hugs!

      Delete