Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday Frenzy!

Happy Friday Everyone!  I hope you all had a great week! My week was busy as usual. The first three days I scrambled to get a review copy of Tears of the Sea ready for those who signed up to read the pre-release version and review it for me.  Then yesterday and today I have my precious grandbaby. When she's here, I don't get much done. Unfortunately like me, she's not much of a napper! There's just too many fun things to do and see to waste time sleeping.

Say Hi to all the lovely folks, Andrea!! (Sorry the pics are blurry.. I was doing a selfie!)





Writing news

I released an E-version Box Set of my Legacy of the King's Pirates series. ALL FOUR books for only $9.99.  If you were to buy the books separately, it would cost you $20, so this is a fantastic bargain. If you've already read the books, consider buying a copy for someone for Christmas or a birthday gift. Think of the hours and hours of entertainment and romance upon the Caribbean they will enjoy for just $9.99. 

http://www.amazon.com/Legacy-Kings-Pirates-pirate-romance-ebook/dp/B00OPIJ3XS/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1414087542&sr=8-19&keywords=marylu+tyndall
Click on the box to order!
Great box cover design, eh? My friend Dineen Miller designed it!

Friday Writing Tip!

Emotions are essential!  As is true in real life, one of the most important ways the reader connects with your character is through emotion. We read books to "feel" something.. a new experience, romance, heartache, hope, joy!  We even want to be afraid, to feel angry.. and to be sitting on the edge of our seat wondering how on earth the character will make it out alive!  As a writer, one way to do this is by putting ourselves in our characters shoes and asking what they would be feeling at this very moment. So often writers just tell what's happening but they forget to tell what the character is feeling. Of course like anything, this can be overdone.. but more often than not, it's way underdone. 

It doesn't have to be a major thing either.. something as simple as a character hugging herself  to show fear or discomfort or  a character fisting his hands to show anger..   be sure and check every scene and make sure you have at least one showing of emotion displayed.


I hope you all have a great weekend!!  I'm having lunch with a few girlfriends tomorrow and then doing the normal chores and errands. Sounds exciting, eh??  

Hugs to all!

10 comments:

  1. Friday 24th,
    "Good morning MaryLu and Andrea" !!! Thanks for sharing the photos. And glad that Grandma and granddaughter can share these precious moments and times.
    Busy, busy, busy .... huh MaryLu ? Well, your days are never boring, that's for sure ! So looking forward to "Tears of the Sea" being released soon.
    Hope you have a wonderful lunch tomorrow with the girls; and a great weekend too.
    Take care, and, God Bless, In Him, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics. Andrea is getting so big. Have a great lunch and a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning!
    Enjoy seeing your sweet granddaughter's pictures. Like you, when my grandson comes over/sleep-over we spend our time doing things he enjoys.
    Can't wait to read Tears of the Sea.
    Blessings,Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to read Tears of the Sea!
    I noticed that the cover of The Redemption has changed. I must say that I love the new cover way more than the last. But will that cover be coming out on the paperback copy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone so much for sharing my joys and life and grandbaby with me! Yes, the cover of The Redemption is different... and yes, I'm putting it on the paperback... should be available soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your granddaughter is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures! Love the selfie :) And thanks for the great writing tip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures of adorable Andrea always make me smile, MaryLu!! Thank you!!

    Yes, I'm all about emotion - the more, the better for me - when it comes to books!!

    Hope your lunch yesterday was full of fun, sharing and inspiration!!

    Love, prayers, and hugs - MaryLu!!

    Shared post!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the photos! :D Hope you had a good time with your girlfriends yesterday! We painted my soon to be baby boy's room! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on the soon arrival of a baby boy, Laura! And yes, I did have a great lunch with my girlfriends. :-) Thanks

      Delete