Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Our Prince is coming!


I hope you aren't offended by the woman's bare back, but I thought this picture was so gorgeous and it reminded me of the 10 Virgins  from the parable Jesus told in Matthew 25. 

. . .but the prudent took oil in flasks along with their lamps. Now while the bridegroom was delaying, they all got drowsy and began to sleep. But at midnight there was a shout, ‘Behold, the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.’ Then all those virgins rose and trimmed their lamps.  5-7

And then this Scripture came to mind where Jesus said He is preparing a place for us and He will return soon so we can be with Him forever!

Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. John 14:1-3

I pray that brings you comfort today!


.

5 comments:

  1. I love this picture! I think it fits good with the Bible verses too and actually helps me picture it better in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wed Dec 10th,
    "Morning, MaryLu."
    Beautiful Scripture verses, and comforting -- He "is" coming back !!! And I love the picture .... beautiful as well. The vibrant colours, and the promised hope of His return .... as she stands along the shore waiting. (P.S. -- I am definitely NOT offended by the woman's bare back .... just saying.)
    Thanks for sharing.
    Take care, and, God Bless, In Him, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love it and it fits perfectly with the scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Beautiful, MaryLu - thank you!!

    Offended - no way!! And as beautiful as this picture is - it won't begin to compare with the beauty we will see when He returns!! Can't wait!!

    Love, prayers and hugs, MaryLu!!

    Shared post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a beautiful picture and a beautiful word. Thanks MaryLu!

    ReplyDelete