Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Frenzy

 Happy Friday!!  The winner of Brentwood's Ward by Michelle Griep from last Friday's contest is:
Pam K!   Thank you all for entering and commenting.



I'm sick. I caught a terrible cold/flu. It started Monday and no matter what I did, it still hit. Now, mind you I'm a pretty healthy person. I drink Kale shakes, I eat raw, organic veggies, take vitamins, exercise, drink distilled water, etc...  so I always get mad when I get sick!

Anyway I don't have much news. I'm working on The Reckoning, Book 5 in my Pirate series. It's coming along nicely. My hope is to have it done and ready for editing by May, maybe April. Then edited and formatting and up on Amazon by June or July. We shall see. I'm excited about this story, and I hope to have a little teaser for you soon.

On another note, my daughter wrote her first book and just recently published it on Amazon! It's a YA Paranormal Romance directed at teens and young adults. I've read it and loved it. It does contain mild language, but otherwise, there's no sex or violence. Already she has 7 5-star reviews! I'm so proud of her. She's worked really really hard, and done all of this while working full time and caring for a new baby. :-)   So, here's a little bit about the book.

Get swept away in this YA Paranormal Romance! Jada's senior year in high school is nothing like she expected. A tumultuous romance with a mysterious new guy at school, betrayal by her best friend, and the discovery of a wicked family history, all serve to teach her that there is a fine line between good and evil. But when Jada receives supernatural powers on her eighteenth birthday, which side will she choose?

Jada Bell’s first day of senior year starts the same as her last three years of high school: uneventful. That is until two mysterious brothers, Nathan and Seth Aron, walk into her history class. Jada is instantly attracted to Nathan and it seems he returns the feeling. But the more time she spends with him, the more she realizes he’s hiding something sinister, and the brothers didn’t transfer to Bishop Union High by chance.

As Jada’s eighteenth birthday approaches, strange things start to happen at home. Objects move on their own and her mom seems to have superhuman strength. Little does she know, all these strange events are linked together, and she and Nathan have a dark connection that has spanned generations.

Buy from Amazon

Writing Tip!


What do do when you don't feel like writing and everything you write sounds like crap.  WRITE! Don't be fooled by the movies where they show writers in their bathrobes with coffee in hand, sitting at their desk and typing on their computers where the words wax eloquently from their minds through their fingertips and onto the page. NOT.  That rarely happens. Most of the time, no matter how hard I try to get in the mood of the scene, no matter what I write, it sounds like Jack and Jill went up the Hill. Most days the words are not flowing at all. So what do you do? Write them anyway. The main thing in the creative process is to get the story out of your mind and onto the page, no matter how clumsy it sounds. That's what editing is for. I would never allow anyone to read my first draft! I'm sure they would wonder how I ever got published!  So just write write write... and you may also find that by not worrying so much about the words and structure, you may get some real nuggets of beauty in there, that you never expected!

3 comments:

  1. Fri 23rd,
    "Morning, MaryLu."
    First off .... I'm so sorry to hear you are sick !!!!!!!! That totally sucks ! We only realize how valuable our health is, when we lose it temporarily. It drains us and feels yucky ... I know. But hang in there MaryLu ... this too shall pass !!!
    "Congratulations to Pam K" ... on winning Michelle's book.
    Glad to hear that The Reckoning is coming along.
    And congratulations to your daughter on her first writing adventure ! Good for her.
    Thanks for sharing today. And, hopefully you will be feeling better really soon. Hugs and prayers.
    Take care, and, God Bless, In Him, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying you feel better soon!
    Congrats to Pam K....you are going to LOVE Michelle's book.
    And congrats again to your daughter. She did a great job with her first book. I look forward to Book 2!
    Take care....love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, MaryLu!!

    SO sorry you're not feeling well - offering prayers for added strength, peace, pain relief, and rapid healing!! It seems few are escaping Influenza A this season, even the healthiest, as it is so widespread and no vaccine against it. It can be dangerous and hard to clear up, completely (my personal experience and that of many others) - so please give yourself time to completely heal and try not to stress over it, which will only lower your resistance. I know - hard to do - especially when you're not used to being ill and feel the responsibility of numerous tasks that need to be completed and people who need you. However, perhaps there are purposes in being ill, also. You've admitted you're a "go-getter", maybe it was meant for you to have added rest and meditation time - who knows what message or inspiration may be waiting for you. Stepping off my "soapbox" now, lol, just want you in "tip-top" shape again - physically, mentally and spiritually.

    Congrats to your daughter - I purchased her book (and shared the info), but haven't had a chance to read it yet.

    SO looking forward to more info on "The Reckoning" and it's release. I gave a number of your books to one of my best friends for Christmas - you now have another new fan - she started with the Charles Towne Belles series, is on book 2 and loving them!!

    Thanks for the writing tip!!

    Much love to you, my sweet friend, and hugs (from a distance, lol)!!

    Shared post!!

    ReplyDelete