Monday, May 11, 2015

Garrisoned by God's Power!

You are born into an inheritance which is beyond the reach of change and decay imperishable, unsullied and unfading, reserved in heaven for you,
Who are being guarded (garrisoned) by God’s power through [your] faith [till you fully inherit that final] salvation that is ready to be revealed for you in the last time.  1 Peter 1:4-5 AMP


Garrisoned - to occupy with troops, to fortify, to post or station troops

I love this, don't you?  We who belong to God are surrounded by His Power as if we were surrounded by a fortress of well-armed, well-trained troops. I don't think we realize this or even think about it very often. I know I don't. Sometimes I feel so alone, particularly when bad news comes.  Yet, if God would but open our eyes for a second to the spirit realm all around us, I think we'd be shocked at the number of angelic troops standing guard over us and keeping the forces of darkness at bay.

I'm reminded of the story of Elisha in 2 Kings 6  where the Syrian King was out to kill Elisha and surrounded him during the night.

When the servant of the man of God rose early and went out, behold, an army with horses and chariots was around the city. Elisha’s servant said to him, Alas, my master! What shall we do?
[Elisha] answered, Fear not; for those with us are more than those with them.
Then Elisha prayed, Lord, I pray You, open his eyes that he may see. And the Lord opened the young man’s eyes, and he saw, and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

How many times I've begged the Lord to allow me to see such a sight. Yet whether He grants my wish or not, I know I, too, am surrounded by angelic warriors.  So, the next time you are afraid or nervous or upset and you feel alone, or you feel the enemy closing in, close your eyes and picture the host of mighty warriors garrisoned around you and your family!


For He will give His angels [especial] charge over you to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways [of obedience and service]. They shall bear you up on their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone. Psalm 91: 11-12 AMP


Are not the angels all ministering spirits (servants) sent out in the service [of God for the assistance] of those who are to inherit salvation?  Hebrews 1:14


2 comments: