Monday, August 3, 2015

A Watchman on the Wall - It's time to get serious

What is a watchman? Throughout history watchmen are those men and women who are assigned essentially guard duty over a piece of property or over an entire city or country. In Biblical days, watchmen were normally posted along the city walls to keep an eye out for approaching enemies. It was their job to warn the people if they saw danger on the way.

God also appointed some of his prophets as watchmen in Old Testament times.

“So you, son of man: I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore you shall hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me."  Ezekiel 33:7

It was their job to tell the people what God was saying to them and warn them of coming judgement. Most of them who did so were brutally tortured and murdered. Nobody likes bad news, I guess.

I have set watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; They shall never hold their peace day or night. You who make mention of the Lord, do not keep silent, Isaiah 62:6

Just like in the old days, God has posted Watchmen in our present time. They don't stand guard on the city wall at night, but they stand spiritual guard over the things that are happening all over the world. Their job is to alert God's people to coming danger and also to help prepare them for the return of our King.

I'm not one of these watchmen, but I do follow what several of them have been saying over the past few years, and I feel compelled to mention here that it is my very strong opinion that things are gong to change drastically in the US in the next few years. In fact, there are several prophecies regarding a financial collapse of some sort coming this fall, or at least starting this fall and extending for some time.

Of course you don't have to be a prophet or watchmen to see what's happening in the world or in our country, you just have to keep informed. Race wars, Gay marriage, Terror threats, mass shootings, war in the middle east, Israel surrounded by enemies, economic collapse, disease, famine...   It's bad, folks. And honestly, according to the Bible, it's going to keep getting worse and worse....

Did you ever think to see a huge statue of Satan erected in our country and worshiped by  hundreds who also signed a contract, giving their souls to Satan?  Oh and they are planning a tour... coming to a city near you!  Click here to read the article

I'm not trying to depress anyone and I could certainly go on and on about the signs that surround us. What I really want to say is this:  It's time to get serious about our faith.  It's always been time, but now it's more important than ever. I believe times are coming when our faith is going to be tested in ways we could never have imagined. I believe a delusion is going to come upon this world that will be so powerful many believers in Jesus will be tricked by it and led astray.  Only those who truly know God will be able to stand.

What can you do?
  • Stay in the Word. Daily, hourly, know it by heart, pray over it, ask God for understanding, meditate on every verse.
  • Get connected with other like-minded Christians. I mean really connected. Not just casual acquaintances at church... but real friends, people who you can go to when you're feeling your faith slip, when you're feeling depressed, scared. People who will pray for you and you them. Small Home Bible study groups are great for this, and I believe they will become even more important than attending church in the future. 
  • Stay in the mode of constant communication and prayer to God. 
  • Keep doing what God leads you to do and share the Gospel every opportunity you get!

I realize that some Christians reading this will not agree with what I'm saying here. I get that. I'm turning off comments to this post, because honestly, I've heard all the arguments and this isn't the proper venue for a theological debate.  My intent.. my sole intent in posting this is to warn you and to urge you to get close to the Lord and make connections with your brothers and sisters.  If I'm wrong, doing those things will only benefit you anyway!  If I'm right, you will be prepared in such a way that you can help others find the truth!  And what could be better than that?


.