Monday, August 17, 2015

Household Salvation

Like me, many of you have loved ones who don't know Jesus, family members, who stubbornly resist the pull of the Holy Spirit, dig in their heels, and insist there is no God.  It's heartbreaking!  For many years I struggled with enormous, tormenting fear that my children would end up in hell. I actually pictured them there and even begged God to put me there instead of them.  God has since delivered me of that fear in the form of several promises He has spoken to me personally. (Note to self: Share that with you some time)  But what I'd like to do today is share a passage from one of my favorite books.  Come Away My Beloved by Francis Roberts.   I hope it blesses you as much as it has me over the years


Oh, my child, I have loved you with an everlasting love, and with strong cords I have bound you to Myself. In the day of adversity, I have been your refuge, and in the hour of need, I have held you up and you have found your strength in Me. You have seen My goodness on the right hand and on the left. You have beheld My Power, and My glory has not been hidden from you.

I have blessed you out of the bounties of heaven and have not withheld for you what your heart has desired. Yes, and I would do still more. For have I not promised that you and your household should be saved? Wasn't the blood applied to the lintel and the doorposts for the salvation of the entire family? (See Exodus 12:22-23)

So renew your energies, and know that I am working with you. For surely a light will shine out of the darkness, and the faith you have exercised through the years will be rewarded one hundredfold. So your faith will be turned to sight, for you will see with your eyes and hear with your ears and rejoice in your heart over what will come to pass.

I will do a wonderful work, and you shall praise and glorify My name together!  For He that keeps you neither slumbers nor sleeps. The Lord your God is your strength, and in Him is no weariness. He never tires of you coming to Him, and your cry is welcome to His ears however frequent.

Cast yourself upon His mercies for His loving kindness never fails, and His grace and compassion are inexhaustible. His faithfulness is extended to all generations.






3 comments:

  1. Mon 17th,
    Afternoon, MaryLu.
    Well ... the writing from Francis Roberts' book has indeed blessed me ! What love the Lord has for us -- what amazing grace, what mercy, what compassion, what loving kindness, what faithfulness !!! His Promise - that we and our household should be saved is SUCH an awesome comfort. I am overwhelmed by His goodness !!! His love never fails ! And, that He neither slumbers nor sleeps ... what peace that brings !
    Thank-you SO much for sharing today's post ... yet, another timely word in due season !!!
    Praise be to our God !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take care, and, God Bless, In Him, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful passage, MaryLu, and a comfort - thank you!! Yes, as you know - I have unsaved family members also. Like you, I trust His word and continue to pray for them!!

    Love, hugs, and prayers - MaryLu!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Ladies! I knew this would bless someone out there! :-)

    ReplyDelete