Friday, September 25, 2015

Winner of Talk Like a Pirate Day!

I hope you all had fun on Talk like a Pirate Day and were able to get to your local Krispy Kreme for a free doughnut. Unfortunately, there aren't any Krispy Kreme's here for miles so I couldn't join you.

Anyway, thank you all for entering!  I think I made the questions too hard this time. Last year, nearly everyone go the answers. This year, no one got them all right.  Amy M got 3 out of 4 right!  Ye be a fine pirate, Amy, says I!  The rest got either 2 or under.  Here are the answers if you're interested:

1. You infernal gang of grass-combing lubbers! 

A. Sailors who took part in shore raids
B. Incompetent or unproductive pirates
C. Pirates afraid of drowning
D. Pirates with a love of gardening

2. Why, sink me and drowned me if it ain't the little crowing captain, the game-cock whiffler!

A.  A pirate who constantly wins at cards
B.  A man who brags about his winnings
C.  A pirate who is fierce, but in a pathetic way
D.  A captain whose shouts sound like a rooster crowing

3. How did ye transform from sich a smock-faced brother o' mine into a throat-slitting bully-roarer, eh?


A. A man whose face looks like a girl
B.  A coward
C. A cross-dressing pirate
D. A man who women take advantage of


4. Ye're supposed to be King's men, not bard-slabs!

A. Men dressed in garish, ridiculous attire
B. hunks of useless meat
C. Drunken poets
D. Members of the band, The Beach Boys

Now for the winner!!!  I chose the winner using Random.org to be fair.  The winner is!
Hannah H!!!!     Congratulations Hannah! I'll be contacting you soon to find out which prize you want.

Thanks again for playing, everyone!  I hope you had fun!  Have a great weekend.


.

4 comments:

  1. Friday 25th,
    "Morning, MaryLu."
    Always fun to play the "talk like a pirate" game ... and see just how many I answered incorrectly ! Guess I would have made a bad pirate !
    "Congratulations" to Hannah H !!!
    Thanks again, MaryLu .... win or lose, it's fun to play.
    Take care, and, God Bless, In Him, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT?!? I got 3 out of 4 right!? SHOCKING!! Thanks for the fun contest and congrats to Hannah for winning. Now I'm off to join a pirate ship.... since I talk the talk, I might as well walk the walk, no? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Hannah, enjoy your prize!! Smiling at Amy's comment - hope any pirates I meet are as cordial as her, lol!!

    Thank you for the giveaway opportunity, MaryLu!!

    Love, prayers, & hugs!!

    ReplyDelete