Friday, October 16, 2015

Happy Friday, everyone. I haven't much news to give you, except that I'm about halfway through the FIRST draft of Charity's Cross. I still am hoping for an early February release. I'm going to start a Pinterest Board for the book soon.  I admit that out of all the social media (google, twitter, facebook, etc.) I love Pinterest the most. I suppose it's because I'm a very visual person. Anyway, look for that soon. As a tease, I thought I'd post the pictures of the hero and heroine from Charity's Cross.  I normally ask for reader help but for some reason this time, these pictures just popped out at me as being perfect for the characters.


Elias Dutton - hero.  Without giving away too much, he is Rowan Dutton (from The Reckoning) and Morgan Shaw's son. He is a missionary/preacher and part time privateer. But he harbors a secret from his past. You may recognize him as the actor who played the preacher from the last Pirates of the Caribbean movie.




Charity Westcott - heroine For those who have read my Charles Towne Belles Series, you may remember that
Charity is the 4th sister who was left back in England when the family moved to Charles Towne, Carolina. She had married a man named Lord Villemont who apparently ended up being a horrible, abusive husband.  Charity finally gets her own story as she escapes his clutches and heads overseas to reunite with her family.

For more about the story, click on "Coming Soon" at the top of this site. 











So, what do you think?  

Have an enjoyable and relaxing weekend!! 


.

12 comments:

  1. Fri 16th,
    "Morning, MaryLu."
    Great choices, once again. SO looking forward to this one "Charity's Cross" ... and glad to hear you are half way through. Good work, MaryLu !!! Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Our Federal Elections are on Monday 19th (I'll be working that day as a "Registration Officer"). Hoping and praying for the right man (and Electoral Party) to be running Canada !
    Weather is changing almost daily .... much, much cooler now. Mornings start off not a whole lot above freezing, and by the middle of the day ... "might" reach 50-55 or so. But ... pretty Autumn colours on the trees.
    Have a good weekend, everyone.
    Take care, and, God Bless, In Him, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda! If I remember you worked as a Registration Officer last time? I am praying Canada choose the right man. We certainly need that here too! Stay warm!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. The words "picture PERFECT" are apt for your character selections. Fantastic choices! Very excited about "Charity's Cross". Since I'm a visual person myself, please let us know once the Pinterest board is up for viewing. Thanks for giving us a sneak peek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I'll let you know about Pinterest. :-)

      Delete
  4. He's perfect! Now I want to watch Pirates again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this to the series "The Legacy of the Kings Pirates"? I like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the 4th book in my Charles Towne Belles series. :-)

      Delete
    2. Yay!! Gotta get this book on my shelf of your books!! :D

      Delete
  6. This sounds amazing! Another one to add to my MLT collection!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mary Lu!
    Wow! I can't wait for this book to come out! As much as I love new series, I'm really getting addicted to your follow up books and I'm so glad you're writing a book about Charity. It's really neat how you have crossed over character's from the pirate series too! Keep on!
    Blessings,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pics and anxiously awaiting 'Charity's Cross'!! Thanks for sharing.

    Love, prayers, & hugs!!

    ReplyDelete