Friday, December 18, 2015

Happy Friday Everyone!  Christmas is in a week!! Are you ready?   Honestly I'm not a huge fan of Christmas in America anymore. Satan has sure won a victory in taking our eyes of of Jesus and putting them onto Christmas trees, decorations, food, parties, and gifts!   I'm amazed at the commercials I see showing tons of gifts most people could never afford, like cars and diamonds!  And of course all the people are beautiful with big houses and happy smiles.  Who buys a car for someone for Christmas, anyway?  Certainly not anyone I know.  I've not seen one commercial about Jesus..a.k.a. Christ who is the Christ in Christmas.  What I do see is people at stores and restaurants hesitant to even say Merry Christmas for fear of offending someone. What? Give me a break!  I make it a habit to say it loud and clear to everyone I meet. And you know what? So far, no one has been offended. Most say it right back. What has happened to our country when we can't display a Nativity Scene in front of a public building to celebrate the birth of Christ, which is why we even have Christmas!?  Does that make any sense to anyone? 

And why is it, it seems, that only Christian ideas and celebrations are banned?   Nobody seems to go after Buddists or Hindus, Atheists, Satanists, and especially not Islam, or you might get your head chopped off. (Satan only attacks that which he fears!)  Frankly, this is America and I don't care what you believe or what you celebrate when. You may speak out about it, write about it, shout it across America's byways!  You may put up whatever decor you desire and bow to whatever idol you want. This is a free country with free speech, or at least it used to be. Whether or not I believe what you believe doesn't matter. You have a right to say and do whatever you want within the law.  But so do I. And that's where I get mad. Isn't it true that people who talk the most about tolerance are usually the ones who are the most intolerant.

But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15


I plan on celebrating the birth of my Lord for as long as I have breath. I will put a Nativity in front of my house and wish everyone I meet a Merry Christmas. And whenever God grants me a chance, I will tell everyone about the incredible love of Jesus and how He came and died for everyone so we could be set free from the evil one and live forever in a place that makes this earth look like a dung heap.  And when it becomes illegal to do so, they may break into my house and drag me off to some prison, where I will STILL celebrate the birth of my Lord and Savior, Jesus, until my dying breath.

Who is with me?


.

18 comments:

  1. I am with you 100 percent. I have always wished people Merry Christmas. I have in every store or restaurant and only one person answered me back with -- happy holiday . I am a child of God's and I am a believer and Jesus Christ is my Savior and I too will claim this forever and forever.
    MaryLu we both think alike about this disaster facing our country. I can get a little outspoken and my kids will try to quiet me down.. There is no way that others will take away my freedom of speech, and the right to follow my hearts desire of worshipping God.keep these wonderful postings coming. Love you my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fri Dec 18th .... I'll try again, MaryLu ... to post a comment on here.
    "Amen" to all that you shared in today's post ! If this doesn't come through, I replied over on FB.
    "Merry Christmas" to all !!!
    Take care, and, God Bless, In Him, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely in sync with everything you said. I am unabashedly celebrating Christ's birth. How can anyone justify any other reason for CHRISTmas? Makes no sense, but the deceiver does just that, no? Also, just this week, I saw a commercial about someone getting a car for Christmas and thought the same thing....that NEVER happens! No one seriously gives/gets a car as a present. At least not anyone in my sphere. Don't want to end on a ranting note, so I'm wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you all the way, my friend. Great, honest, heartfelt post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you! And I totally agree those who want tolerance are the most intolerant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you! And I totally agree those who want tolerance are the most intolerant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you, girl! Preach it! My grocery store always looked like a Christmas haven with a muliplicity of beautiful decorations, cookies, cupcakes, etc. Now when you walk in you can't even tell it's Christmas! They aren't allowed to decorate like that anymore. But for Halloween they had done up big-time. If my health had allowed it I would have gotten me a sign and walked back and forth in front of the store saying something like, If you want to live in our country then leave our Christmas alone. If it offends you, you may have to go back where you're from. I'm tired of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, if I lived nearby, I'd go with you! Wouldn't we stir up some trouble? LOL

      Delete
    2. Yes, we would! We'd also have our two minutes of fame on the 6 o'clock news! (chuckle)

      Delete
  8. Amen!
    I am with you MaryLu.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS MaryLu.
    Blessings,Tina

    ReplyDelete
  9. So wonderful to drop in here and see all your comments!!! It's nice to know I'm not alone! Honestly sometimes I feel like I am here in CA. Only 4% of our population even attends church here and who knows how many of those are actually Christians. Anyway... If things continue down the road we are on, I will see you all either in prison or heaven!! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am totally with you _ 2 Timothy 1:7. God has not given us the spirit of fear thank you and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh goodness, they don't even say Merry Christmas anymore? Wow...I had no idea that they had gotten THIS far. :( It seems to me that bleak days are ahead for us Christians, maybe sooner than we think. I'm with all of you here even though I live on the other side of the world ( in Romania) where we can still wish people Merry Christmas...but other than that, Jesus isn't seen anywhere. Only "good ol" Santa. Nuff said. lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh goodness, they don't even say Merry Christmas anymore? Wow...I had no idea that they had gotten THIS far. :( It seems to me that bleak days are ahead for us Christians, maybe sooner than we think. I'm with all of you here even though I live on the other side of the world ( in Romania) where we can still wish people Merry Christmas...but other than that, Jesus isn't seen anywhere. Only "good ol" Santa. Nuff said. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with God all the way! Merry Christmas and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amen!! Totally agree with all you said, MaryLu - I will continue to say "Merry Christmas", and acknowledge that Christmas is reserved for Christ, freedom of expression is for all Americans. Our country is swiftly retreating when it comes to acknowledging Him - the majority has become the minority when it comes to standing up for Him and religious freedom.

    Love, prayers, and hugs - MaryLu!!

    Shared post!!

    ReplyDelete