Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year! And Quick review of Beyond the Mask!

2016!!!!!  Egad!!  How did that happen?  For someone born in the middle of last century, 2016 seems like the stuff of Science Fiction. Yet here we are!  And boy, has the world drastically changed! 

Anyway, I'm hoping you all are having a great New Years day, eating, watching parades and football, hanging out with family, or just curled up with a great movie or book.

Hey speaking of movies, hubby and I watched one last night that I think you're really going to like!!  A friend and reader reminded me of this particular movie through a facebook message. I remember seeing the trailer awhile ago, but then I forgot all about it. This friend said that when she was watching the movie, it was like watching one of my books!!   Now, after seeing it, I agree. In fact, even my hubby commented that this was my kind of movie.

It's called Beyond the Mask!

The Year is 1775
Without spoiling the plot, suffice it to say that it starts out with the hero, a hired assassin for the East India company, trying to get out of his profession and start a better life, but his employer has other ideas. One thing leads to another and our hero is nearly killed, left for dead, and blamed for a multitude of crimes he didn't commit. Near death, he is rescued by a woman who assumes he is her town's new vicar.  Now, imagine an assassin pretending to be a vicar!  Of course they fall in love but he is found out and ends up traveling to America to redeem himself with heroic good deeds.  Sound good so far?  We are only getting started.  Revolution is brewing in America and our hero gets involved fighting for the colonists and trying to thwart the plans of the evil man who had tried to murder him.  Okay, well I'll stop there, lest I give away the entire story. There's ships, sword fights, intrigue, romance, action... and best of all, the movie is a Christian film. The redeeming gospel message is evident but not preachy. Even my husband, who typically doesn't enjoy Christian films, said this one was pretty good! I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Here's the website and trailer if you're interested.

If you get a chance to see it, let me know what you think.

Have a Blessed New Year!!


.


11 comments:

  1. Friday, Jan 1st ....
    "HAPPY NEW YEAR" .... one and all !!!
    SO glad you shared about "Beyond the Mask", MaryLu. Believe it or not .... it is on my 'wish list', and one I mean to see.
    Sounds like my kind of movie, for sure. (Always great to get a personal recommendation.)
    Blessings for a happy and healthy new year.
    Take care, and, God bless,
    In Him, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bought this as soon as it was available on DVD. My kids really liked it and my 14year old son wanted the soundtrack for his birthday. I just gave my kids the Pendragon movie from the same family. Haven't watched that one yet. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to see this movie....I totally forgot about it, too.
    A blessed New Year to you and George!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you too and thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Have watched Beyond the Mask more than once, and their first film Pendragon is great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I own this movie! Definitely my kind of movie. Watched it with my little brothers and sister. Sister didn't really like it, said it was kind of cheesy, but I was impressed. Christian movies have come a long way! I hope they continue to make movies like this. We need good wholesome movies like this that are more story focused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. I agree! My husband thinks most Christian films aren't made well... but he actually liked this one. Yes, it was cheesy in parts. LOL. But it definitely kept my interest! I pray they make more like it. Hollywood is putting out so much garbage these days. :-(

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year, MaryLu!!

    Thanks for sharing info on the movie - I watched the trailer, looks like a great movie. Speaking of great movies - have you seen War Room yet?? It released on DVD just before Christmas, people are now having time to view it - there are several comments from people on Facebook within the last 24 hours, commenting how it has changed their lives. It's a powerful movie, a wonderful witness tool, and one of the more professionally made Christian movies. I saw it in the theater the weekend it released, and purchased 2 DVD's - one for myself, another for a friend. I encourage anyone who hasn't seen it - to do so.

    Love, prayers, and hugs - MaryLu!!

    Shared post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby and I just watched WAR Room last night! Yes.. great movie, extremely powerful! I completely agree!!

      Delete