Friday, June 17, 2016

What's up with Racism?

I hope you'll allow me a little vent today.  It may make some of you mad. I hope not, but something
needs to be said. Our country, our world has gone crazy in so many ways. One of them is this resent uprising of racism. Or is it really racism?

I grew up in South Florida where there were many African Americans, and I can honestly say I don't have a racist bone in my body. I could care less whether a person is white, black, red, yellow, turquoise, or purple. Honestly.  And I truly believe MOST Americans feel the same way. Yes, there are a few true racists on the fringe of society, but their numbers are few. I have African American friends, Asian friends, and my daughter married a Mexican. I've never known anyone who was a racist. In fact, during most of my life until recently, rarely did anyone get accused of being a racist.

So why is everyone pointing a finger at everyone else now, accusing them of racism? It doesn't make sense, especially in light that WE THE PEOPLE elected a black president for TWO terms!  In all honesty, I didn't vote for him, but it had nothing to do with the color of his skin but rather his beliefs and his policies. In fact, in this recent election, I intended to vote for Ben Carson, an African American, AGAIN not because of the color of his skin but because I liked his views on things.

It seems the only people we can actually pick on without being called racists are white males. We can say anything bad about them (especially rich white males) and nobody says a word.

Whether or not you love or hate Donald Trump (The Republican nominee for President) I believe the accusations that he is a racist are unfair.  In his crass way he has said two things that have set off the haters. One, that he would ban all Muslims from the country UNTIL we can instill a way to check their backgrounds for any terrorist ties. And Two, that he would build a wall on our borders to keep illegals out.

I'm sorry, but keeping a people-group out of the country who have declared war on us and call us the Great Satan and who have promised to annihilate us just makes plain sense to me.  We have no idea who these Syrian Refugees are, what their background is, who they are affiliated with, nothing. Granted, many of them are probably peaceful and just want to escape the terror happening in their country. But odds dictate that some of them are using our generosity as a way to sneak in and destroy us from within. I don't believe Trump hates Muslims or Syrians. I believe he sincerely wants to keep our nation safe.  Would we have let in thousands of Germans or Japanese during World War II without vetting them? No. I don't think so. Yet no one called it racism back then.

And the Wall.  Our laws state that if you come into this country without the proper papers, you are committing a crime.  Hence, you are an illegal alien. I don't think Trump cares whether you are black, white, Mexican, European, Asian, or from another planet, he simple wants to uphold the law of the land. Don't like it? Want open borders? Then elect people who will change the law.  In the meantime, we should uphold the law and keep these people out. I know most are people just looking for a better life, but there are always some who come over to milk the system and burden the taxpayer even more than we are. Also, who's to say terrorist aren't sneaking across as well?

Call me crazy, but this just makes sense to me. Is Trump a racist? I don't know him personally, but I do know that he works with and has hired people of all nationalities, that he has friends of all nationalities and religions. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't, but he is not a racist because of his two statements above.  Yet that's all you hear all over the biased media. Yahoo, Facebook, CNN, CNBC, even FOX...  He's such a racist! They play little clips of his speeches and then point their fingers. "Ah, ha! You heard it for yourself."

I believe it's the media's fault for this recent surge of Racist accusations.  When I was a kid, you could trust your newscasters. Now, everyone has an agenda. They slant all the stories in favor of their own opinions. Do yourself a favor and question everything and do your own homework.  Why would they want to cause strife in our country? That's a good question and one worth investigating. I have my own opinions on that. (See Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals)

So, are we a nation full of racists? Sorry, but I don't think so.  And I'm flat out tired of having our freedom of speech restricted for fear of being labeled as such. You can't criticize anyone who isn't a white male without being called a racist. It's ridiculous, and the American people need to wake up and stop this before it gets out of control.

Thoughts? (Be nice)

.

13 comments:

  1. Well MaryLu I live in Australia but I totally totally agree with everything you have said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! Political correctness is just another way of government control. Just like obamacare forcing taxpayers to pay for things they do not believe in. They fringe on the rights of Christians saying we are judge mental and haters yet they are the ones demanding we stay quiet and not have an opionon. I thank God I have God in my life. The only true One...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I are on the same page on many things, Marylu! You said it, sister.:) Nowadays, you're either a "racist" or a "homophobic" if you happen to have different views on a generally accepted topic. You're an "extremist" if you hold fast to the Word of God. You're a "religious nutcase" if you profess Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. You "need mental help" if you write a prayer in a Youtube comment for a struggling believer ( it happened to me). So much for freedom of expression and religion! They started censoring "dubious" posts on every social media.You're ok to express your views as long as you agree with the globalists.These are the end times!Compromise has crept in everywhere, many churches have already fallen into apostasy...We need God's mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you 1000%! My thoughts exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God created all things and when He did--He would say -and this was good! Along the way sin entered in and throughout the many many years ---that one who creates sin is running wild though out the earth.
    To see our country step back in times by the one who is in charge of our country, makes me feel like we are back in the times where a person of color sits in the back of the bus--but it is now not those of color. I am not a racists and I pray that I don't come across that way-- but what has happened to our country? What once was bad is now good, and what was good is now bad in the eyes of all who now think the evilness is the way to go. I pray that God will have mercy on our country and may He always be right beside us whispering -- " this is the Way, do not look to the right nor to the left-- just keep your eyes on Jesus."
    Thank you MaryLu for always posting what you feel. It helps to know other Christians have the same thoughts and we do need to stop this PC mind set. I am a Believer and Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and I know and thank Him for taking all my sins on his back to the Cross, and dying for me and then arose from the grave so I who believe would have ever lasting life with Him who loves me .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friday 17th,
    "Morning, MaryLu .... and gals."
    I say "amen" to all you shared !!! Things have totally gotten out of hand ! Everyone is "offended" by something/someone ... and it's just become crazy !
    Even here in Canada .... are you aware that "people" want to 'change' some wording in our Country's National Song ? The line that says: " .... in all our sons command ...." -- they want to change it to: " ... in all of us command ... " !!! We have sung this song in its original version, for years and years. Now .. out of "political correctness", and the worry of 'offending' those who want the song to be "gender neutral" ... the Country is contemplating changing it. Like .... good grief, already !!! With all the problems and crisis going on in the world ... "some" people are worried about a couple of words !!! Utterly ridiculous !!! It would be 'racist' of us .... not to turn to the "gender neutral", you know !!! (I am totally being "sarcastic" !!!)
    Completely with you, on what you shared ... and what the other gals shared too.
    Thanks for having the honesty and boldness to share truth !
    Take care, and, God Bless, In Him, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree with you Marylu! Thank you for speaking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do agree with some of what you say. There has been an increase of calling people racist, even when they are not, just because people want them to stop talking. But there is a lot of racism in the world that is real. I have met racists, right here in Knoxville TN, people who have told me that they want to shoot Mexicans and that all black people are worthless. And just because something wasn't called racism in the past, doesn't mean it wasn't. During WWII, all peoples of Japanese descent in Western and coastal states were locked in internment camps for the length of the war. This meant even women, children, grandparents, and American citizens who had been here for generations. Japanese were banned from stores and from purchasing homes in many cases with signs reading "Japs not welcome here".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for starting this conversation, MaryLu...it's such an important one these days. I have had a lot of conversations with various close friends and family about racial issues in recent years, and I think you're right that some things today get labeled racism that aren't. (Though technically, I've learned racism refers to systems that favor one race over another, not the actions of individual people.) However, I have also come to realize that it is easy for those of us who are of the dominant culture--which is still white, despite our black President--to dismiss the very real pain and experiences of our brothers and sisters of color, that still go on today all the time...and we often just don't realize. One of the most helpful things I have found is to actually listen, without jumping in to give my perspective, to friends who come from a background different from mine (and who are also willing to honestly share and listen with me). And often, my perspective is challenged and changed. I can't judge whether Trump is a racist, but I do think he has said a lot of rather unloving and insensitive things, and we can learn from not following that example...especially since the Bible makes such a point through the Old and New Testaments about welcoming refugees and foreigners and loving them as ourselves. Thanks again for sharing from your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all your opinions and comments!. I know this is a controversial topic. And yes, I do know there is still racism in this country. I read about the Japanese internment camps and can't believe we did that. I guess fear will drive people to anything. I guess all I"m saying is that MOST of us are not racists. Of course I'm white and didn't grow up as another race. So perhaps I really don't know the whole story. All I know is, I've lived in Florida, Tenn, Oklahoma and now California and I've never known a racist. Maybe I've lived a sheltered life? Who knows. But let's stop calling people racist who aren't. Let's stop using it as a weapon for political gain. Let's stop pandering to people of any race who are just out to cause violence and chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen!! You have said it very well. I cannot believe what this country has turned into. A person can barely breathe without someone else telling them their breath is offensive. God have mercy on us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree that the media is our biggest downfall right now. They keep reporting things without getting all the facts straight and you can tell that some media groups lean one way more than the other. Our country truly needs God right now....may God bless America.

    ReplyDelete