Monday, September 12, 2016

Do you know what you look like in the Spirit Realm?

For those of you who have read my latest book, She Walks in Power, you know that the heroine has
the gift of discernment, or the ability to sometimes see into the spirit realm or to sense things in the spirit realm. This is not fantasy or myth or fable, but it is a real gift given to us by the Holy Spirit

to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 1 Corinthians 12:10

Although many people aren't taught about this gift in church, it is still as active and real as ever. How do I know? Well, I've experienced it myself, though I don't think I have it all the time. In addition, my husband has the gift and I've spoken to several other Christians who also have the gift.

You may remember from the book, She Walks in Power, that the heroine, Alexia can switch from her natural eyes to her spiritual eyes at will (well, unless she's freaked out!)  and can then get glimpses into the spirit realm. I call it the spirit realm for lack of another term, yet it is a multi-dimensional realm that is far more real then the one we live in.  Alexia can see demons, angels, flowers, animals, etc. super-imposed upon our own realm. She can also see either light or dark coming from a person's soul. This also, is not a fantasy. Many Christians who have this gift also can see whether a person is saved or not by the light coming from within them and surrounding them.

When my husband got miraculously saved, he was walking along a trail behind our house that sits above the neighborhood and God showed him beams of light shooting up from the earth to the sky. When my husband asked what they were, God said. "Those are my people"

 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light  Ephesians 5:8

Notice it says, you ARE light, not that you walk in the light. You also walk in the light, but you are light... the light of the Father in you.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning  James 1:17


There are 94 uses of the root word 'light' in the New Testament (KJV), the vast majority are about either God's light, us being light, letting our light shine, or something related to those 3 subjects. (Taken from Theologian John Fenn newsletter)

In Matthew 5:14-16, Jesus tells us that we are the "Light of the world", that we shouldn't hide our light under a basket, but let it shine before men.  Personally, I don't believe we are to shine just for our natural realm. I believe we are to shine in the spirit realm as well. Our light marks us as God's children and off limits to the enemy as long as we stay in the light.  

But we must stay. The devil and his minions lurk around us in the darkness, looking for an opening in our light. How do we cause openings? By giving into sin, by taking our eyes off Jesus, by setting up idols, etc.

I know a pastor who has the gift of discerning of spirits and God showed him in the spirit realm what a Christian looks like. We are bathed in bright light, flowing out of our spirits and surrounding us. God showed this pastor one such believer who began to entertain a sin in his life. Once that happened, the light around him began to sever and separate like a slice of pie, allowing a demon to slip through and attach itself to the man. From there, the demon could whisper further enticements into the man's ear. And the more the man gave into his cravings, the more light retreated.

It occurred to me from this true story, that the light is our protection. But it is up to us to maintain the light. I'm not talking about salvation here. We will always have the light of the Holy Spirit within us if we've given our lives over to Jesus. But how bright that light shines and how far it shines is up to us.

For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. John 3:20

The light keeps the darkness and the demons away. They fear the light. They cannot come near it and they cannot touch it.  There is such power and protection there!  Yet so few believers realize it. Have you ever encountered someone who automatically doesn't like you or someone at work or school who avoids you like the plague and there's no reason for it.  It is highly possible that the demon(s) in them are terrified of the light in you!  You have the power to cast them out of that person, if the person so desires... and that terrifies them.

The thing is, the brighter your light, the more influence you have on those around you. That's why a believer can so strongly affect his or  her spouse and children just by their presence in the home. That's why Jesus said to let our light shine.. to go forth and love others. Every place you go, every store or building or workplace or school in which you set your foot, you bring the light of the Father.

May you shine every so brightly for Him!


.

17 comments:

  1. Great article. We are a Bible believing church and I know theses things to be true. It's so awesome to read your books and see these truths in action for the are truly real. And though I read my Bible. I have thought on the things I have read on your books. They've made me see things more clearly. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marsha! God Bless you. So nice to hear there's a church out there preaching the entire truth! :-)

      Delete
  2. Mon 12th,
    "Morning, MaryLu .... and Marsha".
    Another timely word spoken in due season, MaryLu. Today's blog -- most relevant, and extremely interesting ! I have a son -- who like the man your Pastor friend spoke of ... (a believer who 'allowed' a sin to slip into his life, then giving into more cravings, and the light in him fading to disappearing) ... and he is living in darkness now.
    It's more than concerning, scary and unsettling, to say the least !
    And the other part that really jumped out at me -- when you spoke of having just met someone, but there was an -- instant wall, dislike and mistrust, seemingly. Never thought about it that way, that just 'possibly' I was discerning an evil or dark spirit in the other person (and that could be why they did not like me or simply avoided me) ... sensing the light in me.
    Thank-you, MaryLu ... for sharing.
    Take care, and, God Bless, In Him, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm praying for your son, Brenda. You know that. Light can and will defeat the darkness! Keep praying and believing!

      Delete
    2. Yes ... I do know that MaryLu ! Thank-you, and bless you for continuing to do so !!! MOST appreciated !!!

      Delete
  3. Amen to all that you have written, Marylu! :)) Let us all pray that the light of the Father continue to shine forth so brightly that anyone we come in contact with knows that we are of him.:) This is also my prayer! Now that you mentioned the instant "dislike" someone may have with regards to us, I remember my former co-worker, she was this kind of troublemaker and I seemed to be her "target" on many occasions. Now I got the confirmation of why I was on her "radar". God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Rose. If we look at things from a spiritual perspective, many things make sense.... esp how certain people treat us. Yet with that knowledge, it's easier to love them and not blame them for their actions

      Delete
  4. Amen, MaryLu - beautiful post!! I so enjoy your spiritual posts - thank you!!

    Love, prayers, and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article, MaryLu! I, too, have the gift of discernment. Not all the time but I know when the Holy Spirit nudges me when something isn't right...a movie, a person (if they claim they are a Christian or something else), a book, church, what have you - I will get this sense or this butterfly-sick feeling in my stomach. I also have other gifts. We all have gifts that are useful to the body of Christ.

    I thank you for writing about what the Holy Spirit gives you in your books and blog. It's a step not many authors take. A huge thank you for all you do! It's your gifting and ministry!

    Love, hugs, blessings, and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Regina! Yes, we all have gifts... yet I meet so many Christians who don't know what theirs are. Most likely because in most churches it isn't taught. Makes me sad.. what an adventure life is with the Holy Spirit!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful post, MaryLu! Hugs and blessings!
    ♥✞ ♪♫•✫This little light of mine ♥✞♥♪*•♫♪ I’m gonna let it shine!♫•✫♥ This little light of mine ♥✞ ♪♫•✫♥ I’m gonna let it shine! ♥✞ ♪♫•✫♥♫♪ This little light of mine, ♥✞ ♪♫•✫♥ I’m gonna let it shine! ♥✞ ♪♫•✫♥ *♪•.♪ Let it shine! ♫•*♥♪*•♫♪ Let it shine! ♥✞♪♫•.♪♫ Let it shine!!!♥✞ ♪♫•✫♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true!! I have seen this gift in operation as well. Thanks for the needed reminder as I have been under attack in recent days. My daily prayer is to always be light and salt to my world.

    Thank you for your books. I await the next one. Blessings to you!

    Brooke (aka Lady Sapphire), your sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true!! I have seen this gift in operation as well. Thanks for the needed reminder as I have been under attack in recent days. My daily prayer is to always be light and salt to my world.

    Thank you for your books. I await the next one. Blessings to you!

    Brooke (aka Lady Sapphire), your sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, well, often for me, we forget who we are in Christ! We forget that we are powerful, beautiful, strong, and wise because He lives in us. We forget that our enemies scatter before us because of God's light shining within. I know I need this reminder often. Hugs and Blessings Brooke!

      Delete