Friday, April 7, 2017

I'm taking a break! And FREE audio versions of Charity's Cross!



Hi everyone!

First some personal news.  I'm BEAT! LOL  I just calculated that I've written and released TWENTY full-length novels in 11 years! And that doesn't include the novellas. This last novel, When Angels Cry, completely wore me out. It wasn't so much that it was difficult to write, but it seemed that everything in my life that could have gone wrong, went wrong. I've been battling more sickness the past 6 months than I have in my life. In addition, there have been some family issues that have caused me stress. Plus, it seemed that every step of the way with this book was met with some kind of opposition.  Anyway, I truly feel that I need to take some time away from writing. My creative brain is completely fried and my spirit is in desperate need of refreshment. I'm one of those Type-A people who just go-go-go and never stop until I drop, and I believe God is asking me to step away, rest, and spend more time with Him. I've been so busy that I often neglect the most important thing, which is spending time with the Lord. So, that's what I intend to do.

However, I'm not going to be idle. I'm going to be editing and adding a few scenes to the following books, slapping new covers on them, and re-publishing them.  You may have noticed that they have been taken off market. That's because my publisher has reverted the rights to me and they are no longer selling them. So, look forward to seeing these available again in the next few months!

  • Veil of Pearls
  • Surrender the Heart
  • Surrender the Night
  • Surrender the Dawl
  • Elusive Hope

Also, I will still be posting on my blog and facebook, etc... so I'm not going to disappear.  My goal is to refresh my creativity, grow closer to God, and come back in 6 months with some great story ideas for my next books!  And yes, I plan on writing the sequel to my Protector of the Spear series, AS WELL AS, the next book in my Legacy of the King's Pirates series.  I'm not sure which one I'll do first, but I'll let God decide that.

In the meantime, I'm offering FREE audio versions of Charity's Cross. I have a few left. Just email me with your email address and I'll get those copies to you ASAP.  First come, first serve! You'll have to sign on with Amazon Audible if you aren't already, but it's free, and you can always cancel. Even if you've read this book, you're going to love listening to this narrator. She's fabulous!

If you're missing my Friday's Mad Mad World Post, I'll try and get some news out to you over the weekend. There's much going on, and I want to keep you all updated.


10 comments:

  1. Whew. Busy gal! You deserve a good break. I'll pray that these next months are refreshing for you. May the breath of God breathe into you deeply. May you be able to rest in Him completely. :)
    Thank you for your faithfulness to Him. Thank you for your stories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing writer, I love reading your books and blogs. Thank you for all of the information you share with us. May this be a time of renewal and refreshing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have enough ideas to keep you busy for years! You take the time to tend to your spiritual life. May you be refreshed and encouraged, renewed for His glory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear MaryLu,
    Taking some time for you is where God wants you at this time. Find that quiet place and then be still before Him who loves you. I believe He has something in mind for you that will help so many others in the difficult times ahead. So my dear sister in Christ find that place, seek Him and enjoy the strength , love and peace that He will lavish on you! 💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your break, my friend....you need and deserve a break. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone! You all truly bless me so much! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course you know why you had such a battle when writing When Angels Cry. The enemy did not want you to write it. Lost souls are going to be saved and those who have grown cold will draw close to God again. Nope, satan was not happy. But you were obedient and God will be with you in a mighty way to strengthen and help you. Rest at His feet and be refreshed by His presence and strengthening power. We love you and may God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about the duplicate comments. My phone does that sometimes. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you kidding? hearing from you twice is a pleasure! :-) Love and hugs back to you, dear friend.

      Delete