Friday, April 28, 2017

Re-Release of Veil of Pearls!



I'm thrilled to announce that  I have re-published my novel, Veil of Pearls!  My publisher took it off market a couple of months ago and only old copies of the paperback can be found online for purchase.  UNTIL TODAY!

I edited it and put a new cover on it. What do you think? I LOVE the cover. It was done by a friend of mine, Lynnette Bonner of  Indiecoverdesign, who is also a fabulous author!  While the basic story remains the same, I did edit it here and there, added some dialogue, and tightened the writing. It was fun for me to get back into the story and reconnect with my old friends, Adalia Winston and Morgan Rutledge.

Veil of Pearls won the Laurel Award in 2013 and also was a Romantic Times Top Pick.

4 1/2 Star Review  Top Pick from Romantic Times--You'll be instantly transported to the sights, sounds, and smells of 1812 Charleston, S.C., in Tyndall's latest.  Adalia, Morgan and their friends come alive, and you will experience their joys and sadness along with them.  It will take a moment to remember this is 2012, not 1812, when you put the book down.   --Cheryl Hanson, Romantic Times, August 2012

Veil of Pearls by MaryLu Tyndall is a wonderfully complex, romantic love story about forbidden love and racial prejudice. At the heart of the tale is a strong, courageous woman who risks all for love. It is a poignant portrayal of the prejudices of slavery and its effect on white and black people alike. The characters have depth; Morgan and Adalia both experience inner struggles to shed their past. This is an enduring novel of great depth. Beautifully written, it explores how far the human spirit will journey for freedom and love. This story was a real pleasure to read. Highly recommended. 
(Mirella Patzer Historical Novel Review 2012-07-04)

Instead of telling you the storyline, I thought I'd show you with this wonderfully made book trailer.




If you haven't read this book, I know you're going to love it!   If you have, you may still want to get this new version with the new cover!

Purchase from Amazon



Tomorrow I will post about our crazy world events. Stay tuned.
 Have a great weekend!


9 comments:

  1. LA-LA-LA-LOVE the new cover!! This book is one of my favorites of yours, and I already own it, but methinks I may have to buy a second copy just so I can have this beautiful cover. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new cover! I really enjoyed reading this book.

    -Janella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That cover looks absolutely amazing! I would buy that no not knowing the author of the book!!!! Wish I didn't already have a copy haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is stunning! Lynnette is a great cover designer AND author. Please forgive me for asking bc I'm on my Kindle and can't see cover up close, but where is the lady's hand? lol This is one of my fave MaryLu Tyndall books ever and the setting happens to be in one of my favorite places in the world, of course! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me look. LOL. I think it's stuffed in the folds of her gown! At least I hope so. Yes, I love Charleston too!!

      Delete
    2. I thought it probably was, but on a Kindle I couldn't be sure. :) The trailer is fabulous as well. This book would make such a good movie!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, of course I think so too! Hugs, girl!

      Delete
  5. Very cool...I still need to read this one.

    ReplyDelete