Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving to all my followers!


always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:20

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

I know some of you are going through difficult times right now. Some have lost loved ones, some are struggling financially, some are sick and in constant pain, some have lost jobs, some have suffered broken relationships, some have loved ones in trouble, some are broken-hearted, and some are burdened down with the struggles of life.  Let's face it, sometimes it's hard to be thankful. Yet, throughout the Bible, God wants us to be thankful, expects us to, even requires us to. Why? So He can gloat and pat Himself on the back? No. Because He knows that when we are thankful, even in difficult times, it shows our faith and Christlike character and it has the spiritual power to unleash great blessings on our lives. God wants the best for us. Sometimes that may be hard to believe, but He loves YOU beyond measure.

Think of the great heroes of the Bible: Moses, who went from being prince of Egypt to a shepherd, Joseph who was betrayed and sold into slavery by his brothers and then spent 15 years in prison for something he didn't do, the Apostle Paul who was beaten and left for dead, stoned, shipwrecked three times, hungry, cold, persecuted, imprisoned....

Here's what he said in Acts 20:24
 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

These men did not complain about their struggles and trials and heartaches. Instead, they were thankful to God for their salvation, for His faithfulness, and for the little blessings in their lives. The results? Moses led the children of Israel out of slavery, Joseph became prince of Egypt and saved millions from starvation, and Paul, though he died a martyr's death, he spread the gospel to the gentiles and throughout the known world. I sometimes wonder if he hadn't done that, would we even know about Jesus today.

I guess my point is. Be thankful. Even if all you have is a bowl of canned soup and a heating blanket. Be thankful for that. If you know Jesus, you are just passing through this world, and someday soon, you'll live in a paradise your finite mind cannot even imagine. And all these troubles will seem like nothing compared to the glory that awaits. So, be thankful! God loves you and He chose you to be His child.  He sacrificed His own beloved Son so that He could adopt us as His.  And even though He doesn't owe us anything more, He continues to bless us. So, let us bless Him in return by having a thankful heart,  not only on this special day, but always!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!


   


4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you, and thank you for the encouragement. Right now, I have kept my focus on things of this world that I still need, when I should look around and see the gifts God has already blessed me with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you both!! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete