Friday, December 22, 2017

Happy Birthday, Jesus!


 I thought it best to take a break from the end times news this week, even though there were many significant things that happened recently of great prophetic interest. However, who needs to read bad news during Christmas week?  Our focus should be on celebrating the birth of Jesus (Yes, I know He was not born in December) .

For some of us the holidays are wonderful times with lots of great food, a loving family and friends, wonderful gifts, and festive parties. For others, they seem to be a time of stress, spending too much money, eating too much food, and dealing with dysfunctional family members. Not to mention those of us who are alone this Christmas or who have recently lost loved ones, or who are sick in bed. Sometimes when we watch all the holiday movies and shows where everyone is happy and everyone is having a great time, we forget that in some cases, in fact, most cases, that may not be true.

Why am I being so morbid? I'm not trying to be. I'm trying to be understanding of those who are suffering because that suffering seems to get enhanced during this time of year. Let me just say that if I'm describing you, if you are having a difficult time this Christmas, then you are not alone. I'm sure there are many people reading this who will be glad when the holidays are over! I'm sure there are many people out there who are stressed or sick or have to deal with difficult family, or for whom the holidays only remind them of a lost loved one.  You are not alone.

On a personal note, I haven't enjoyed the holidays for many years now due to family divisions and issues caused by my divorce long ago. God has forgiven me for that divorce which occurred before I knew Him, but the consequences remain. (Note to those contemplating disobeying God and repenting later. God forgives, but He doesn't take away the consequences).  I'm only telling you this because people often have this view of Christian authors as living this great Godly life of piety and closeness with the Lord in loving families where everyone is saved and kind and good. I'm laughing even as I'm typing this. Nope. I've got as many problems and struggles as the rest of you. That's the way life is, isn't it? And sometimes it gets even harder the closer you get to the Lord. (Thanks to satan)

I'm ending on a happy note, I promise!  That happy note is that this is not the end. I don't know how many more Christmases we will celebrate here on earth. If time goes on, I'm sure there will be some great ones and some that aren't so great.

But I am sure of this one thing.

 Jesus is coming back to make all things new

To set all things right
To heal all relationships
To mend all wounds
To raise the dead
Deliver the sick from all illness
Judge the wicked
Reward the righteous
Heal the broken-hearted
Free the captives
Feed the hungry
Shelter the homeless
Place the widow and orphans in families
Restore the years the locust ate
Rebuild the ancient ruins
And take His rightful place as King of all the earth on His throne in Jerusalem.

This will happen!  And I believe soon. Believe that and cling to it in hope, knowing that your Savior lives and your Prince is coming to rescue you from this world of sin and heartache.

How glorious our Christmas celebrations will be then!  When we have no stress, no focus on anything but celebrating Jesus coming to earth, no money problems, no health problems....when we are with all our loved ones and every relationship is restored to what it was supposed to be from the beginning.  I, for one, can't wait!  It is this hope which keeps me going day after day, keeps me writing, dreaming, struggling. This is the hope.... the anchor of our souls, that if we lose sight of it, we risk falling into a hole of self-pity, sorrow, and depression.

We followeres of Jesus are the most blessed, beloved, and fortunate of all people. Let's spread some of that love and cheer this Christmas with everyone we meet. And yes, even those pesky difficult family members.

God bless you all! And Merry Christmas.

17 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, MaryLu ... from my heart to yours!! For it is the Glory, in all things, that belongs to Almighty God - now and forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas, MaryLu.
    I want to thank you for being the person you are, who cares for all and shows it in all you do.
    Thank you so very much for your kind words and the way you put the gospel in words for all to understand.
    God bless you and I look forward to more of your posts in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Evelyn, for all your comments and your kind words. May God richly bless you with His peace, presence and comfort this Christmas. I knew He will. :-)

      Delete
  3. Marylu, that was such a heartfelt post, my friend! I'm praying for you that all is well and I thank God for granting me the privilege of knowing you as my sister in Christ! To Him all the glory! He's the One who'll wipe away all of our tears.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, Rose! I'm the one who is privileged to have so many online friends. I truly feel loved and blessed! :-)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful words you have passed on to us all. Though we have never met in person- I look forward to that day in the Kingdom to walk up to you and say-" MaryLu- it's me-Elsie." We will hug and think to ourselves -- She is just like I imagined her to be.
    After all we are Sister's in Christ! We have the same Father.

    Merry Christmas to you and your whole family. Your little grandkids must be getting so big. Enjoy your time with them.
    And thank you for giving us all the best of gifts--God's Word to make us search Him in all things !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to meet you too, Elsie! I look forward to that big hug. What a wonderful day that will be. Merry Christmas to you and yours.. be blessed and encouraged this special season. Yes, the grandkids are very big now. I have a 2month old, 1 year old, 2 year old and 3 year old. I love them to pieces! God is so good. And I love His Word.. I love being able to share it with others. I pray He'll allow me to continue until He comes to get us. :-)

      Delete
    2. Oh My! When I first found you and your very much loved Pirate books, You just had Two little ones. A picture you put up of one - thick black curly hair in a pirates red coat and black pants and hat. Cutest little Pirate ever! Have a great time on Monday with them! Merry Christmas 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻💕💕

      Delete
    3. Believe me, I'd plaster my grandkids' pictures all over this blog... but my daughter won't allow me to. She's worried about sexual predators. Sigh. What a world we live in. Come, Lord Jesus Come! Have a very Merry Christmas Elsie!

      Delete
  5. Great pre-Christmas post. Thank you for sharing and encouraging those who may not find it the 'most wonderful time of the year'. So grateful as Christians we can still celebrate His birth no matter our circumstances. You are a treasure :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a treasure, Amy. Thank you!! Many blessings sent to you this Christmas season!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for this and all your posts! I have lurked all year, but have learned so much from you...love your books also. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I look forward to learning more from you in 2018. So grateful we, as Christians, can celebrate His birth in site of family difficulties, health issues, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie!! No lurking allowed LOL. But please, I welcome all comments. Have a blessed Christmas!

      Delete
  7. Merry Christmas, MaryLu. Your posts are so helpful as we look for the return of our Lord. Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete