Monday, October 14, 2019

Do you feel surrounded by enemies?


 Contend, O Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me. Take up shield and buckler; arise and come to my aid. Brandish spear and javelin against those who pursue me. Say to my soul, “I am your salvation.”    Psalm 35:1–3

That was a prayer of David in a time of deep distress, a time when he felt himself surrounded by enemies pressing in against him and he saw no way to keep them out. So He cried out to the Lord and said, “Lord, take Your stand against my enemies. Take up Your mighty spiritual weapons and block the way against them.”

I don't know about you, but here in California, I feel very much like I'm surrounded by enemies.  You've no doubt heard about the power outages here. More than 800,000 homes were without power this past week. Thank God, mine wasn't one of them. To be honest, I'm not buying their reasons.  I have no doubt their lines and equipment are out of date. They are a corrupt company that spends way too much money on climate change than on fixing their problems. Yet the situation goes much deeper. PG&E is owned by the Rothchilds.. one of the Deep State Illuminati Globalists. There was no wind here and our temps were cool so their excuse that we had high temps and winds was bogus. I'm telling you that I've seen and heard enough to know that something fishy is going on here in CA.

Add to that a recent discover that piers in Long Beach, CA had somehow been leased or sold to  China by the Obama administration and now Trump has recently forced them to sell them back to us?  huh?

Add to that a strange curfew was enforced for a small town near me, Morgan Hill, CA. They said it was to protect people during the blackouts, but Morgan Hill is a much smaller city than San Jose, where I live. 

Add to that recent sightings of massive UN troop movements coming over our border, and these new fires that have cropped up in Southern CA.  I'm not buying that they started on their own.

There's something really fishy going on here.  Honestly I don't know who or what to believe. Aside from all of that, I have recently felt pressed in with problems and emotional issues on all sides.  How about you?

I know many of you have serious problems in your lives.. illness, unsaved loved ones, money issues, job, health, family, loss of loved ones, and just general fear and unease.  I really don't like to be the purveyor of doom and gloom all the time, but I wanted you all to know that I, too, feel like I'm drowning in problems and surrounded by enemies. 

Yet, for those of us who follow Jesus, we don't need to allow ourselves to drown beneath these problems, nor do we need to be afraid of anyone or anything. God is on the throne and NOTHING catches Him by surprise. And there is NOTHING He can't do.  

Here's just a few of His promises from Scripture!

His arm is not too short that it cannot save your loved one
Your prayers rise up to him like incense before the throne!
He will never leave you or forsake you
He promises to provide for ALL your needs
He is your comfort, your shelter, your high tower, your fortress, your deliverer, your prince! 
He loves you with a passion that will never cool 
You are the apple of His eye! 

As I sit here in California, wondering if war will start (like so many prophets are predicting) I could easily let myself get worried about my kids and grandkids. What will happen to them? But then I remembered Psalm 27:1-3

The Lord is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?

When the wicked came against me
To eat[a] up my flesh,
My enemies and foes,
They stumbled and fell.

Though an army may encamp against me,
My heart shall not fear;
Though war may rise against me,
In this I will be confident.


God is always with us, and He promises to protect and deliver us. Fear is from the enemy!  What is the worst thing that can happen to us? We die!  But what is death but a promotion to a place where no tears will ever be shed again! 

Whatever your problems or fears are today, lay them at the feet of the ONE who loves you more than you'll ever know.   Look at the promises in this section of Psalm 112 for the person who follows Jesus and delights in obeying Him.

Blessed is the man who fears the Lord,
Who delights greatly in His commandments.

His descendants will be mighty on earth;
The generation of the upright will be blessed.

Wealth and riches will be in his house,
And his righteousness endures forever.

Unto the upright there arises light in the darkness;
He is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous.

A good man deals graciously and lends;
He will guide his affairs with discretion.

Surely he will never be shaken;
The righteous will be in everlasting remembrance.

He will not be afraid of evil tidings;
His heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.

His heart is established;
He will not be afraid,
Until he sees his desire upon his enemies.



God has already won the victory on the Cross!  And we are victorious over all our enemies and over all our problems BECAUSE we are in HIM.  Never forget that. The only power the real enemy has over you are lies and fear. Defeat him with the truth of God's Word and your trust in Jesus. 

You have already won!

And soon, VERY soon, we will be gone from this place and enter an eternity that is far better than we can imagine. 

Hang in there, Saints. We are almost home! 


3 comments:

  1. Doing the God of Creation study by Jen Wilkin. Week 7 tells of God’s plan for the flood. The truth that was impressed upon me was that we don’t take sin seriously! We ignore it, we excuse it, we coddle it & even keep it as a pet. God hates sin & what it has done to His Creation. He does what is necessary to get rid of it. We should do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree! We cannot claim to love God and yet keep on purposely sinning. Sounds like a good study, Linda!

      Delete