Monday, December 9, 2019

MaryLu's Musings:Final words on Eternally Secure Salvation



I know I post often against the Once Saved Always Saved theology. The last video I posted on my Facebook author page was from a pastor who, strictly using the Bible, listed verse after verse that indicated that a person can fall away from the Lord after being initially saved. (I will provide a link below if you missed it)   I realize there are very good Christians and theologians who love the Lord but who are on opposite sides of this fence, and there are Scriptures they both use to prove their points.  But I wanted to share with you my heart on this issue.

It is NOT to prove I'm right and anyone else is wrong
It is NOT to offend anyone
It is NOT to cause fear in anyone or worry that they aren't saved
It is NOT to cause division or contention within the body of Christ

My purpose is purely out of love and concern for people. I don't want ANY to be lost, especially those who think they are saved but are not. Believe me I want to believe that once you get saved, say a prayer, and commit your life to Jesus that there's nothing you can do that would ever take that away. I have a grown son who once gave his life to Jesus but who now has rejected Christianity and claims to be an atheist. So, believe me, I WANT to believe that you can never lose your salvation! But I could not go against what I kept reading over and over in the Bible. I beg you not to listen to any pastor or read any study notes, but simply read the New Testament for yourself and ask the Holy Spirit to open your eyes to the truth. 

This is my final point on this: 

If I'm wrong and once you get saved, you cannot lose your salvation, no matter what you say or do, then great!  What harm have I done by preaching that someone can lose their salvation? In other words, by putting the idea out there that we can walk away from our faith and lose our salvation, perhaps it has helped some people get more serious about their faith and grow closer to Jesus!  Perhaps a little fear of the Lord is a good thing because it makes us cling to our Lord more tightly! 

But if the Once Saved Always Saved people are wrong, then they have done a world of hurt to many many Christians who have believed them and who have gone on to live their life anyway they chose, thinking they were good to go! 

Can you lose your Salvation video

Some people will say that those people who walk away from the Lord and live sinful lives were never truly saved in the first place. And that may very well be true! But I also believe that they BELIEVE they are saved. So it is to them that I am issuing my warnings.

I want to end this on a positive note!  How do you know you're truly saved?  

The Scripture says to Examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith.
Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified.
2 Corinthians 13:5


So let's examine ourselves.  If Jesus truly lives IN us, then we should be different from the people who aren't saved and those living in the world and for the world, right? 

being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God. Philippians 1:11

Because Jesus lives within us...

We should want to do the things which please Him. We should want to obey Him and His Word.  
We should enjoy reading the Bible, praying, attending church, worshiping Him. It should not feel like a chore
We should look forward to and enjoy spending time in His presence
We should desire to help others, the poor, the needy 
We should hate sin
We should feel no desire to drink alcohol, party, go to clubs, or be immoral in any way. 
We should feel convicted when we sin or mess up and immediately repent
We should enjoy the friendship of like-minded believers
We should have a heart for the lost and want to help save souls from hell.
We should be watching for His return and be excited about eternity with Him
You should love Jesus and feel your love for Him growing as your walk with Him.

There are probably more, too. These are just the ones I've noticed in my own life. Of course every one of these things won't happen in great measure the moment you are saved, but you should see some of them right off the bat. Others will grow over time and all of them should increase as you walk with the Lord each day.  

Our God is merciful and filled with love and grace. He doesn't want anyone to perish, and I know He takes into account a person's particular circumstances. But if you are truly saved, your desire will be to know Jesus and to love Him and follow Him as best you can.


If, however, you've been "saved" awhile and you really have no desire to pray, read the Bible, or spend time with God. Instead , you find the pleasures of this world.. money, sex, alcohol, fame... beauty, more enticing than you do God, and you're reading this, PLEASE stop and make a decision who you want to serve, God or the Devil. There's only 2 choices. Going to church will not save you. Only a personal walk with Jesus will. And He's waiting to hear from you! Repent and turn to Him!.

A friend of mine told me the Lord recently said to her:

"I do chase my children. Why can't my children chase after me?"
 



No comments:

Post a Comment