Friday, March 20, 2020

A word from the Lord during these trying times

 
Yesterday during my time of prayer, the Lord directed me to one of my favorite Scriptures. This was quite out of the blue because I'm currently reading the New Testament. My husband and I are on lock down in our home, and yet outside our walls the world seems to have gone mad. So much fear and worry. So many people no longer collecting a paycheck and wondering how they will pay bills. People distancing themselves from others as if everyone could potentially infect them with the plague. Other who are sick and terrified they will die. Please read the Scripture below and receive it as if the Lord were speaking to you directly. This is what He wanted me to share with you. 

Where is says "Jacob and Israel' in the Scripture, I substituted "precious child" and "bride"

Isaiah 44:1-8  (Amplified)

“But now listen, O precious child, My servant,
And my bride, whom I have chosen:

This is what the Lord who made you
And formed you from the womb, who will help you says,
‘Fear not, O precious child, My servant;
And my bride, whom I have chosen.

‘For I will pour out water on him who is thirsty,
And streams on the dry ground;
I will pour out My Spirit on your offspring
And My blessing on your descendants;
And they will spring up among the grass
Like willows by the streams of water.’
“One will say, ‘I am the Lord’s’;
And another will name himself after Jacob;
And another will write on his hand, ‘I am the Lord’s,’
And be called by the honorable name of Israel.

“For the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts says this,

‘I am the First and I am the Last;
And there is no God besides Me.
‘Who is like Me? Let him proclaim it and declare it;
Yes, let him confront Me,
Since I established the people of antiquity.
And let those supposed gods tell those people who foolishly follow them the things to come
And the events that are going to take place.

‘Do not tremble nor be afraid of the violent upheavals to come;
Have I not long ago proclaimed it to you and declared it?
And you are My witnesses.
Is there a God besides Me?
There is no other Rock;
I know of none.’” 


God is indeed on the throne!  He promises to save our children and to protect us!  He is God and He alone is God. He is the only one who holds the future in His hands! He has told us things like this would happen. Stay strong and rest in Him.

Do not fear, for I have redeemed you

I have called you by name; you are Mine!
“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you.
When you walk through fire, you will not be scorched,
Nor will the flame burn you.

Isaiah 43:1-2



 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for this encouraging word! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard not to be fearful in these perilous times, and it takes a lot of courage and faith to leave it all in God's hands. God will protect us, no doubt, but man can take revenge on man, as well, and I am afraid of the pain. Please God, take away my fear of the pain. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is hard to stay away from fear! I, too, sometimes fear the pain.. the physical pain, the pain of loss. Just remember our home is not in this world! We are citizens of heaven and when we are there, this will only seem like a bad dream. Lord, please surround this precious child with your mighty angels and reassure her of your love and protection! I cancel all the enemy's lies and plans for her and her family. In Jesus name!

      Delete
  3. So appreciate you sharing these verses. Overwhelming fear, panic and bad news are EVERYWHERE. It's refreshing to my soul to read these words as a reminder of God's promises. He truly is our Rock that we can cling to during these unstable times. And clinging, I am. Praying that even during the lock down you're able to get rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! Yes, He is our rock.. unmovable, unshakable! I am resting, thanks.

      Delete
  4. Thank you MaryLu for these encouraging words. I needed that so much. I don't want to be afraid but I am. I know the Lord Jesus is the One who loves us and He will take care of us. Thank you for the Isaiah passage. I too am praying for you to get rested and strengthened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay to be afraid at times.. but don't give into it. Reject it, pray and move on. At least that's what I try to do. :-) God will give us strength where there is no strength. :-)

      Delete