Monday, March 2, 2020

Tell them Do not be Afraid!

 
Fear is rampant these days. Many people have written to me telling me they are afraid of what is coming on this earth. We've known about all the things that were supposed to happen. (wars, earthquakes, weather, violence, hatred, immorality, false prophets, idolatry, plagues, etc)  Jesus warned us, but when these things actually happen, it really hits hard, doesn't it?  I went grocery shopping last Saturday and I could barely find a parking spot outside the store. Once inside, there were wall to wall people pulling everything off the shelves, stuffing their carts with whatever they could. Lines were long and there was tension in the air. I did not expect that! The checker told me that people are terrified of the Coronavirus. I've never seen this happen in my lifetime. 

So, I took it to the Lord. "What do you want me to tell your people, Lord?"  

And He said, "Tell them not to be afraid. Tell them that I have promised them over and over in my Word that I would protect them, that I AM their strong tower, their fortress. Tell them that if they truly follow Me, nothing the enemy sends their way will have any effect. But they must follow Me. They must put aside their sin, their complacency, their love affair with the world, and give me their entire heart. I died for nothing less. 

Tell them that this is their moment to shine. The darker the world becomes, the brighter My people will glow. You have been created for a time such as this! Hear my voice, answer my call. Believe that we are one, I in you and you in Me, and then go out into a lost world and tell people I love them. Tell people I will and can save them. Show them you are not afraid. You have told Me you believe in Me and My promises. Now is the time to prove it. Let your faith be tested and refined like gold. Let all that is of this world fall away from you like chaff. 

Time is short. I will soon come for my Bride, the faithful ones. Until then, the world will grow darker. Be not afraid, it is I, the Creator of all things. Is my arm too short that it cannot save? Am I too weak to protect those I love? Come close to me. Snuggle under my mighty wings where you will find peace, love, and comfort. Fear is a dart from the enemy. Raise your shield of faith against it. Learn my Word and quote it often. Together we will bring in this final harvest of souls. Including your loved ones!  I hear your prayers for them. Be strong and of good courage, for I am with you wherever you go." 

I hope that encouraged you as much as it did me!  Below, I'm listing some Scriptures that deal with fear and God's protection. Feel free to add your own! I suggest copying them down, print them out, and recite them every day until you know them by heart. Keep the Word of God on your lips and let it sink into your spirit until you truly believe.  This is peace. Real peace. 

Cast your burden on the Lord [release it] and He will sustain and uphold you;
He will never allow the righteous to be shaken (slip, fall, fail). 
Psalm 55:22


God is our refuge and strength [mighty and impenetrable],
A very present and well-proved help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change
And though the mountains be shaken and slip into the heart of the seas,
Though its waters roar and foam,
Though the mountains tremble at its roaring.

Psalm 46:1-3


When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you.
When you walk through fire, you will not be scorched,
Nor will the flame burn you.
  Isaiah 43:1-2 


I love the Amplified version of the verse below!

He has said, “I will never [under any circumstances] desert you [nor give you up nor leave you without support, nor will I in any degree leave you helpless], nor will I forsake or let you down or relax My hold on you [assuredly not]!” Hebrews 13:5 

But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen you [setting you on a firm foundation] and will protect and guard you from the evil one. 2 Thess 3:3

And through your faith, God is protecting you by his power until you receive this salvation, which is ready to be revealed on the last day for all to see 1 Peter 1:5

The Lord is my light and my salvation—
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the refuge and fortress of my life—
Whom shall I dread?
Psalm 27  (I would suggest all of Psalm 27!)


The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him [with awe-inspired reverence and worship Him with obedience],
And He rescues [each of] them
. Psalm 34:7 


And of course ALL of Psalm 91, particular the parts about plague. 
For He will save you from the trap of the fowler,
And from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you and completely protect you with His pinions,
And under His wings you will find refuge;
His faithfulness is a shield and a wall.
You will not be afraid of the terror of night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
Nor of the pestilence that stalks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction (sudden death) that lays waste at noon.
A thousand may fall at your side
And ten thousand at your right hand,
But danger will not come near you.


And in Jesus's own words 
Listen carefully: I have given you authority [that you now possess] to tread on serpents and scorpions, and [the ability to exercise authority] over all the power of the enemy (Satan); and nothing will [in any way] harm you. Luke 10:19 

So, be of good cheer!  Don't be afraid. You are a child of the living God and He watches over you with a love that never fades and a power that is stronger than anything the enemy can throw at you! 

4 comments:

  1. Dear MaryLu, From the picture and the wordsTake heart- something took hold of my heart and I felt the Holy Spirit within- needless to say my eyes full of tears and this. Feeling that very word I read was there for me. As the tears overflowed I thought I -Oh my word- I neeeded this message and I need to be a light brighter than what I am- and silently prayed Oh God use to me to help others find you. Help my mind retain your words The Lord God is with us at all times and I am thankful for you and your obedience in getting His word to us. I am thankful that He knows just when we need His touch and how to reach us with it- thank you for being that vessel today for me !Love you ,my sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad the Lord spoke through me to you, Elsie! And to others as well. I needed this message as much as anyone. Love you too, Sister!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful reminder that as God's children we don't need to live in fear of the turmoil around us. I've been reminding myself about this much more lately and reading your blog today was even more encouraging.

    On a side note: I just finished "She Walks In Love" today and la-la-LOVED it!! Thought it tied in perfectly with your above comments about God's protection. Can't wait to read "She Walks in Majesty", but will be saddened to say farewell the Knights of the Emerald Realm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed She Walks in Love, Amy!! Thank you. Actually, it's hard for me to let my Knights go too! They become like friends to me when I'm writing them. :-)

      Delete